It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 11:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Post Cymy Sue....Everything Okay?

Cymy Sue,

I haven't seen you around much. I was just wondering if everything was alright?
Cheryl

Old 09-08-2003, 12:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Hi Cheryl,

I'm OK. My back is giving me problems again. Time for a new strategy, if I can find one. Mother has not been doing well.
She's a little better now. I stayed with her some last week and took her to the Doc. From Wednesday until Sunday, I was in & out.

Thank you for asking, how are you & yours doing?

Cymy Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 10:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Cymy Sue,

I'm sorry to hear that your back is still causing you grief, as well as your Mother's not been well. It sounds like it's time to make another trip back to your trusty GP. Is the ice not working anymore? I hope that your Mother is doing better than she was. Did she get her Great-GrandChild #11, yet? I hope that she's well enough to participate in the doll making this year. It sounds like you both enjoy making the dolls as well as each others company. You're a wonderful daughter Cymy Sue, taking the time to help your Mother out when she's not well.

I hope that you're finding the time these days to take of yourself, too.
Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-31-2003).]

Old 09-09-2003, 12:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Hi,

I saw my GP (Internist) yesterday. He said for right now, taking medication would be about all we could do. The ice is still helping, but it's not enough. Walking, exercises for this condition, going back to my MT on a regular basis and a lot of hope & prayer is my plan for right now. I don't know if I will have any more Epidurals. They didn't seem to help last time and it would be 6 months before they would do anymore anyway.

The end of the month was to have been my last check in at the "Pain Center" where I've been treated for the TMJD pain on & off for the last several years. I don't need it anymore.
I thought taking medication for pain was finally over. I am disappointed that I will have to continue some type of pain meds for a while, but so very happy it's no longer for the TMJD. The same Doctor has been in charge of my case for the majority of the last 6 years. I haven't been on meds the whole time,(on & off) but she has been so wonderful. The last time I saw her was 6 months ago, and I told her I thought the "Splint" was going to make a big difference. I was very excited that I was going to be able to tell her, "IT WORKED". She was treating the TMJD pain exclusively. (My Internist will be prescribing anything I need for the back problem.) The Center is 60 miles away, but I may still go to the appt., instead of calling, just to be able to tell her in person, "IT'S OVER, The Splint is all I need now." I had thought about also seeing my former OS (They're in the same complex) and telling him very sweetly "YOU WERE ABSOLUTELY AND COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT SPLINT THERAPY".

If I thought he would change his mind and it might help someone else, I would. I've known him over 10 years, I don't think he will ever change. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/jester.gif

If #11 is not here by Thursday, he will be here Friday. They're going to "entice" him to make his appearance.

Mother is better, but we found out my husband's company is not participating In the "Doll Making" this year. I'm trying to figure out some other "Craft Activity" that we can do between now & Christmas. We may just make dolls & donate them to the Church for them to distribute to the children who are in need.

It does seem like a long time for Mike's test. Sometimes, it's hard to believe how long it takes them to get the results.

I'm glad Mr. has been doing better and hope also, this was just a little flare and will settle back down.

I decided a long time ago, if my Vet could treat people, we would be getting excellent care & attention.

You take care,
Cymy Sue

Old 09-10-2003, 10:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cymy Sue,
I hope that you're having better days.
Take Care,
Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-31-2003).]

Old 09-10-2003, 11:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Cymy Sue HB User
Cheryl,

I'm glad you finally got the report. Hopefully this is not any kind of chronic problem. From the symtoms, it sounded a little like Interstitial Cystitis. (It's a benign condition, but it's a misery. I'm glad it's not that)

Girls and women have to have a urethra stretch, occasionally, but it's not too bad.
I hope the "fix" for Mike's problem will be "not to bad", also.

Take Care,
Cymy Sue

Closed Thread