It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2003, 09:34 AM   #1
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
Unhappy Looks like im having surgery after all...

but not for TMJ.
When my doc did the CT scan to see if he could find out whats causing me to run a fever for so long, several lymph nodes showed up that were inflammed for no apparant reason. One of these was 12 mm big. He wants to have that one taken out and biopsied.
My consult with the ENT doc is in Oct. then the surgery will be scheduled from there.
My doc said...I KNEW something else was going on!! I guess this is completely seperate from my severe headaches and TMJ. It just keeps coming!!! what are the chances of me developing a THIRD possibly serious condition on top of the ones I already have??!!
My mom thinks its related somehow tho and when its removed I might have some pain relief. Doubtful as its in my neck and all of my pain is in my upper jaw and ear.

*sigh* would love to hear it if anyone has any info on this. My doc didnt tell me ANYTHING else...not sure why...didnt want to scare me perhaps?

Old 09-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

saaraah HB User
im sorry that you have something else to deal with.. i truly believe everything'll work out well.

as a side note - when you do have the surgery, remind the doctors about your TMJD when it comes to being intubated.

take care,

- saaraah.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2003, 01:01 PM   #3
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
Good advice, thanks sarah.
Wont it hurt something awful since my opening isnt very big??? Ouch just at the thought of it. I bet my jaw is sore as hell when I wake up.

[This message has been edited by NeedANewHead (edited 09-13-2003).]

Old 09-13-2003, 01:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

DianeTMJ HB User
Hello-
I can only tell you my condition of my lymph node at the time I found Dr B. My lymph node was very swollen, stuck out of my neck. It really had me concerned, I though I was fighting an infection. When I went to see Dr B, he said it was inflammed because of the lactic acid build up due to all of the inflammation. He sent me home with a tens unit that did not stimulate the nerves, but worked the muscles, flooding the muscles with fresh blood and oxygen, pushing out the build of yuck. Since being in treatment with Dr B, I no longer have a swollen lymph node. It is so nice. I am in no way saying that is what is wrong with you or not, but just sharing what the problem was in my case. I would however, seek a 2nd opinion on this before surgery is done, maybe even a 3rd.
I hope this helps
Take care
Diane

Old 09-13-2003, 01:55 PM   #5
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
Diane, so the swollen lymph node was related to your TMJ?? and the doc knew that right away? I havent read about that yet in my readings...interesting.
Well I will certainly get more than one opinion now but I dont have any idea what type of doc to go to.
Any ideas?
Mine isnt sticking out at all...you cant see it.

PS were you running a temp at all? I have been for months...hence the reason for thinking infection

[This message has been edited by NeedANewHead (edited 09-13-2003).]

Old 09-13-2003, 02:22 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

DianeTMJ HB User
For me, the swollen lymph gland was due to my TMJD. Yep, I would feel clamey all the time, like I was trying to come down with a cold or something. I have to admit though, I never took my temp. but just felt like I was coming down with something.
HOpe this helps
Diane

Old 09-13-2003, 02:29 PM   #7
Inactive

NeedANewHead HB User
I have to admit thats kinda depressing...I had hoped I guessed that by taking it out I would get some kinda small pain relief. Guess they were pipe dreams...hehe.

Thanks for the info Diane.

Oh btw, did you have more than one? they said I had several that were inflammed, just this one that was this big.

Old 09-13-2003, 03:36 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

DianeTMJ HB User
Hi-
I would get some soreness under my arms as well. Remember though that each symptom is different for each patient. Please understand that my swollen lymph gland in my neck was due to my TMD, it may different for others. Before any surgery at all, I would seek a second opinion, that is just me though
Diane

Closed Thread