It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 08:06 PM   #1

mamaslittlehelper HB User
Post I got my splint today!

Hi all! I finally got my splint today...it is the inclusion (sp?)splint and made for my lower jaw! The dentist didn't really give me as much info as I wanted on it and I didn't get a case for it either as he had said I would...just the lower mold that was made for it to fit upon while not in use...guess I should buy a denture case for it? I don't see how this is going to work on taking away my tmj pain, but I am going to give it a try! Unfortunately I've had to take it out several times today for eating, drinking,and going to the store...I also am a smoker and I assume I should take it out for this too? The dentist never said a thing about pain control...but I have been seeing my family doctor for that and guess i will continue to...also have to work on this stress problem of mine! I feel like I am "under repair"..LOL!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 08:40 PM   #2

sandra1 HB User
Wink

Mamaslittlehelper,

Good for you.....it's not much fun wearing it during the day.....but it should give you some relief in the meantime.

Wish you better tmjd days ahead....

Sandi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 09:46 AM   #3

Thanks Sandi! I wore the splint all nite long and this morning my lower teeth feel funny...like they are numb or something! The splint fits fine, so I am not sure why this is happening? Also, some much unwanted stress happened to come my way (ugg...just can't stay away from it!)and splint or not...my jaw is aching like crazy today! I took ibuprophen early this morning and went back to bed...still in my PJs at almost noon...jeez, I've got to get it together!

Old 09-10-2003, 05:48 PM   #4

sandra1 HB User
Wink

Mamas,

Your teeth felt numb or something....my guess is that you will need to get used to wearing it....I mean you are just in the baby stages.....if it fits ok over your teeth....you should be fine.

Hope you will wake up better tormorrow with it.....

Take care.

Sandi

Old 09-10-2003, 06:23 PM   #5

jp123 HB User
mamashelper,

hi I just went today and got my repo splint. My dentist said when he gave it to me that I should start feeling better and that if the pain gets worse or my teeth feel sore that I should call him and come in because he will need to adjust the splint so maybe thats what you need to do. When he told me this I was actually thinking of you because I had read your post earlier. Anyway hope you feel better soon.

Old 09-15-2003, 12:25 AM   #6

jp123...thanks for the reply! What is a repo splint? I can't remember what the other type of splint was that the tmj dentist said I might have to try if this one doesn't work...but it was about $450! I am getting along better with my new splint, but must admit I really HATE the darn thing! I feel like a little old lady with dentures...arg! I don't wear it as often as I should I know, but have to take it out to eat, drink or smoke (my bad habit!) and then just too lazy or forget to put it back in...but I faithfully wear it all nite long. I still am having episodes of extreme jaw pain...especially a very stressful nite on Friday...the pain medication wouldn't hardly even cut it, but I eventually cried myself to sleep.

Old 09-15-2003, 09:41 AM   #7

jp123 HB User
The repo slint is supposed to help reposition my jaw because I have a miplaced disc on the right side. My main complaint with this horrible tmj is the pain it caused in my teeth, back teeth top and bottom on both sides. Have you ever experienced this?

Yeah I have that same bad habit. I really want to quit smoking but with all this pain it is difficult to do so right now. Keep me posted & take care

Jennifer

Old 09-15-2003, 10:55 AM   #8

Jen...my pain in mainly in my jaw nd shooting up into my forehead at times...also alot of neck pain and headaches. I really don't have much teeth pain, but have experienced it before from dentist proceedures so I know how bad it hurts! Do you have to wear your splint 24/7? I hate it when I wear it to the store and people think I am drunk or something because of the way I am talking...LOL! Well, the darn thing just better be helping me! Good luck to you too and TC!

Closed Thread