It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 06:51 AM   #1

Gizmo423hugh HB User
Post Cheryl -- Mike & Football

Hi Cheryl,

I was reading one of your posts and how Mike has decided not to play football until next year. Bet you were glad about that, especially with what happened to the freshman at Ignatius. My son goes there and plays on the varsity football team. They are all praying for Mark. It was so sad.

Greg came home from practice and team dinner on Thursday and told us about what had happened. Then I heard it on the news on Friday and heard that he had to have surgery. Greg said that he was instant messengered on Thursday night that Mark needed surgery and they were to contact as many kids as possible to pray before bed and again when they got up. They also had masses throughout the day for him. They also said the rosary.

As far as a gift for Mike. Does he do video games or computer games? How about getting him a gift certificate to his favorite store or movie certificates? I know Greg always has a list of CD's and video games that he wants. Of course, now he wants new speakers and radio system for his car. He also wants some rims for his car. Geez, it just keeps getting more expensive.

I hope Mike is feeling better. I remember the days of sitting in the bathroom with the shower running, etc. Greg was the same way. When he was a freshman he got really sick. In fact, he went to homecoming and the Monday after I took him to the doctor and found out he had pneumonia. Poor kid. He was miserable at homecoming. He was coughing and just felt like crap. I felt like such a bad mom.

How are things with you? Sorry about your pool. We covered ours up the weekend of Labor Day. Can't believe I only got in it about 3 times this year. Not that great of a summer for a pool.

How are the dogs doing? My dog is going to be 5 years old in December and she has really been good. She has given up her "counter cruising" days. But the other day I had a basket of clothes in the family room. I was upstairs working (I work at home 2 days a week) and when I went back downstairs, I found socks strewn all over the family room. I had put the socks together and she went in the basket and pulled them apart and threw them all over the family room. What a crazy dog. She doesn't chew the socks or anything, just makes them all slobbery.

Well, I better get back to work now. Just wanted to check in and see how things were and see if you were REALLY relieved that Mike isn't playing football. Greg is on 3rd string, so he doesn't play very much. (Which I am grateful for.)

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 11:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Smile

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-31-2003).]

Old 09-16-2003, 11:02 AM   #3

Gizmo423hugh HB User
Hi Cheryl,

I have been around, but I haven't really written anything lately.

My splint is working. I talked to my dentist last week and he said that with each week that goes by, things will get better and better. I do see that happening. It is all a slow process, but it seems to be happening. Right now I am having some allergy problems, but it hasn't gotten real bad.

Sorry that Mike is having such a tough time. I know that it can be tough. Hopefully he will get over this cold and let the splint do its thing. I certainly hope it helps him.

Glad that he has put off football. I do worry about Greg playing. But at least he is just a so so football player and so he is on 3rd string. He sometimes gets mad about it, but most time he just wants to be part of the team. I was glad that he was when he first started at the school because by the time school started, he already had made some friends. The football team is such a close group of boys (or should I say young men).

Boy your puppies all sound like they are keeping you busy. What kind are they? I think you already said, but I can't remember. I do know the puppy is a husky. I haven't heard whether huskies are big chewers, but you know puppies in general teeth and so they chew. I know that labs are big chewers. I got really lucky that Maddie didn't do too much damage. Although she used to destroy the toys I would buy for her. She has calmed down with all that now that she is almost 5.

My mom brings her puppy over and he just annoys Maddie. He keeps jumping at her and she trys to get away from him. Although she is trying to figure out how to play with him. Boy that little guy has so much energy. I don't know how my mom does it with him.

I asked Greg yesterday how Mark was doing, but he didn't know. He said no one really said anything yesterday. I thought Greg said he had some feeling back in his upper body over the weekend. But they didn't know about the lower body. They have to wait for the swelling to go down. My prayers go out him and his family.

Good talking to you again. How are you feeling? I need to talk more on the board, but most times I get kicked off the computer by the kids.

Hope you're having a good day. By the way, Megan is home today (I had to go pick her up from school yesterday). She has a terrible sinus headache. She is spending time at my mom and dad's house. Probably not resting much with Peanut (my mom and dad's pup) around.

Talk to you soon.

Karen

Old 09-17-2003, 12:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-31-2003).]

Closed Thread