It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
(female)

Isew4work HB User
Post HI everyone, its been a while.

HI everyone.
I feel like a fair weather friend on here. I have been really getting into scrapbooking and I enjoy it so much that I have switched my computer time to talking about scrapbooking and looking and learning more about it. But I still come on here and read every couple of days.

I just wanted to say HI to everyone. I still care how you are doing. I got to the point where I was just not sure if I was getting better or if I ever really will and I had to start focusing my medical energy on my son instead of myself. I just hate Dr's and Dentists so I can only endure so much, ya know?

My son dislocated his shoulder ( I told you guys that) and we have been dealing with all of the PT and dr visits for him. We are concerned that we are seeing signs of a vascular degree of the Ehlers Danlost (genetic disease) that my son has. He has a vein in his other arm that is enlarged, bruised and hardened. Its really bugging me and I am looking forward to getting him for more testing in TN on Sept 26. He goes for a vein ultrasound tomorrow, here in our town. Our family Doc does not know much about Ehlers Danlos but is taking precautions anyway.

As for my jaw, hmmmmm I still do the tens machine every couple of nights and it helps the most. My repostioning splint works when its in, but I am really bad about forgetting it during the day. I have been doing alot better this week. When I wear the darn splint I feel great. I am completely off of elevil and I still have 2-3 headaches a week. Most are not that bad. The clicking and grinding are driving me crazy, and the locking up still occurs if I don't tens enough.

Hope you are well, or at least getting more well than you were, ha ha.

take care, I will keep checking in.
Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 08:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Arleen HB User
Hi Mary:

Thanks for checking in. It's nice to hear from you and find out how you're doing. Sounds like thinks aren't too bad.

I know what you mean about the scrapbooking. I don't do it personally but my sister-in-law took lessons and has been right into it. Every time I'm over, she's showing me different scrapbooks she's done for my neice and nephews. They'll love having those memories so beautifully laid out when they're older. Scrapbooking sounds like a lot more fun than spending time worrying about TMJD.

How is you son feeling these days? I hope everything works out well for him and that it's manageable. You and he are in my thoughts.

Take care, and let us know how you're both doing.

Arleen

Old 09-10-2003, 03:23 PM   #3

princessmom1 HB User
Mary,

I've been wondering how you and your son are doing. I hope you find some good news when you go back to the doctors. Have you ever noticed how you don't think about your problems so much when you are worrying about the kids?

I hope your jaw is feeling better too. I was at Dr Wolford on Monday and he adjusted my splint. I told him I thought I was having problems with a new tooth and he said to wait to see if it stops when my jaw settles down...I sometimes wonder if that will ever happen.

Well, I'm still at work and really ready to go home. I had the girl who works for me quit with no notice, so my job sorta sucks. I hope they can make a decision about hiring someone soon.

Take care
Sue

Old 09-19-2003, 04:32 AM   #4
(female)

Isew4work HB User
Hi Everyone,
Since I wrote to you last week I have been wearing my splint full time. Wow, what a difference. I can hardly get my teeth to go back into their old position and they don't match up at all, but according to Dr. Wolford's office yesterday, that is good news. I am getting close to being ready for the braces. It is making sense to me again and I am not feeling so frustrated and confused anymore. When my teeth are in the correct position, my jaw does one very small crack and that is it, sometimes no click at all! My teeth do not look so "gumby" when I smile this way either. So I am quite excited and finally believing that I will really get better from this. I am completely off elevil too now, for about a month. I do get headaches more frequently but they aren't so bad that I want to go back on the elvil though.

Keep your chin up everyone, I just wanted to encourage you!

Sue, I see Dr. Wolford on October 8. Hope you are doing well.
Mary

Closed Thread