It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2003, 05:01 PM   #1

ntengwall HB User
Question Dizziness and Floaters

I am having a relapse with my TMJ--it seemed to be in a sort of remission for about the last 10 years. The question I have is does anyone here also have dizziness? It isn't severe--almost feels like when you take an over the counter cold medicine and it makes you feel just a little off.
The other think I am experiencing is "floaters" in my eyes (mostly in my right eye). These look like little pieces of string floating through my line of vision. I have seen these before, but they have gotten much worse in the past few weeks. I know that I have read that TMJ can cause visual disturbances, but is this typically one of them??
Thanks for any help!!
Nicole

Old 09-18-2003, 09:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
Exclamation

Oh my god. I also have mild TMJ problems, but the thing is, I've been having SEVERE dizziness for months now, ever since my wisdom teeth came in. I've been to many doctors and there isn't yet a diagnosis. I'm scheduled to get an MRI soon, but I have a theory that my teeth affected my jaw, and therefore caused me dizziness due to my jaw maybe irritating a nerve? I really don't know, it's just a theory. Anyway, with TMJ problems, I also had mild dizziness (this was a few years back before the major dizziness started)but I never did have floaters. I hope you feel better soon, good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2003, 10:16 PM   #3

StylophonePet HB User
I read a while ago that floaters are small bacteria or dust particles in the fluid around your eyes, everyone has 'em but your not supposed to be "disturbed" by the sight. By disturbed I mean, if you see them all the time, normal people can also see floaters when,
for example, when you look at a clear, sunny, blue sky.

Old 09-18-2003, 10:59 PM   #4

mamaslittlehelper HB User
Hey, I get those floater thingys too...but I always described mine as what it looks like when you see heat coming up off a road (strange huh?)...get it in both eyes in my perifiril (sp?) vision and usually followed by a whammy of a headache! TC!

Old 09-19-2003, 12:11 AM   #5
(female)

lv_cts HB User
Hi

Yes I have the little floaty things, like little threads floating by the side of my eyes mostly right side I try to watch them and they follow but go faster than my eyes it's like they beat my eyes across in front of me!?!? Sounds kinda of weird huh? LOL at myself....Over the yrs, I can go back about 15 yrs, I hav finally sort of figured out they show up whem I'm tired or stressed,

As far as the dizzy spells got um bad more whem tired or stressed!!!!

The the TMJ That is pretty much related to fibromyalgia, and will show up when stressed or over used your mouth open wide longer than usual like LOL and hard if you happen to have something really to laugh at!!!!

SSS

Old 09-19-2003, 05:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

totallyconfused HB User
Hi! I have seen an eye doctor for my floaters. He said they are very common and as long as your retina is not detaching, they are no problem. He checked my retinas and said they were fine so I guess it is just something I have to live with. Apparently many people that do not have TMJD have this also.

Take care,
TC

Old 09-19-2003, 05:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

saaraah HB User
floaters are normal and anyone can have them. my dad's an optometrist.. hehe. floaters are just little pieces of tissue or clumps of the gel in the vitreous of the eye that float around.

when you move your eye to "look" at them, it causes the fluid inside the eye to shift and allows the floaters to move out of the way.

- saaraah.

[This message has been edited by saaraah (edited 09-19-2003).]

Closed Thread