It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2003, 09:18 AM   #1

Hope247 HB User
Talking surgery

Hello!
I'm new here. I was doing some searching on the net because I just had arthroplasty done on my right tmj one week and a day ago. I'm doing well but it's was pretty painful. I thought if I joined healthboards, I could talk to you guys about myself and how I got to this point today. Unfortuantely, I have had TMJ for several years (3) and about 1 mon ago, my jaw locked! I could not open. An MRI was done on both side and the results stated that I had 2 dislocated discs on both sides but on my right side was without reduction. It was very painful with the headaches that would literally knock me right off my feet and into bed before my surgery. Today, I have my theropy to do that is the therabite. 5 times a day, I have to use it to pry my mouth open so the joint itself does not get stiff and form tissue causing my mouth to not open fully. That is painful at times but I am consistant. Please right back for comments or questions. I would love to talk and share my tmj journey with everyone.

because there is hope!

Hope 247

Old 09-19-2003, 11:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

saaraah HB User
hope247 - welcome to the forum. i just want to say that i hope that your recovery continues to go well.

take care,

- saaraah.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2003, 02:02 PM   #3

carebear73 HB User
Hope your recovery goes well. It seems like forever until you can eat solid foods hehe. I had tmj surgery on the right side 12 years ago. I know how painful it can be. It seems to be giving me problems again on the same side. Just make sure you do your exercises and don't chew gum! lol. Hope everything turns out for the best. :-)

Old 09-19-2003, 07:54 PM   #4

Bren30 HB User
Hope... I hope you are recoving well.
I had arthroplasty on my right joint 21 months ago.I have not yet regreted this in anyway.The headaches are not as common and I do have a better quality of life.I was in a car accident(rear-ended) 2 weeks before surgery.Have had TMJD for 7 years and was finally getting results from an Oral Surgeon..A MRI was finally done after 7 or 8 different Doctors.
6 months after my surgery...feeling very good..
While on vaction..was rear-ended again on the interstate.I had bleeding in my joints and was in severe pain.It really brought me down..the pain was horrible.
But now..1 year after...I am much better.I wonder how it slowed my healing down or set me back.
I still have the muscle problems..ringing in my ears sometimes and a small click every now and then( that freaks me out).But I really thought LONG & HARD before I had this done..This board has been a wonderful place and it has helped me in so many ways.
I feel for every person that tells their painful story.So many people think we are whinners and hypocondriacts..Its good to know there is help for the TMJD sufferer.God Bless you ALL.

Let us know how you are doing.
Feel better soon
So do you like carnation instant breakfast?..It was my salvation..

Bren

Closed Thread