It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2003, 12:26 PM   #1

Hope247 HB User
Post Bren30

Hi,
I had a disc dislocated on my right side. My jaw was locked. It was dislocated anteriorly. Is that your surgery also? My right side was slightly dislocated but not locked. How are you doing. No complications and what would they be. Just for my FYI. Thanks.

Hope 247

Old 09-20-2003, 07:07 PM   #2

Bren30 HB User
Hope...
My problems were close to what you had.The clicking and poping I had on the left.The entire cushion was ahead of the joint.Displacement and it was locked at 10 mm on a good day, for over a year.I had bone on bone so I had deteration.They did arthoplasty on the right joint and It felt like a rubber band had been cut away immediatly.I only had one concern after surgery..They cut the nerve( or stretched) the nerves on the right side of my face..(A common side affect, they say).I could not raise my eyebrow for 6 months and my eyes did not look the same for a long time.I can say now 21 months post op..I have no physical signs of surgery.My scar is not visiable at all.I can open to 32mm.I still have headaches( migraines) every now and then.My forehead on that side still aches But nothing like before.Muscles spasms still.More good days than bad.

It was a hard decision to do it..But I am glad for now I did.I may be on a clock of denial..thats ticking away until scar tissue takes over.But NOW I am doing better.. so I'm thankful for that.
My OS told me...The car accident I was in after surgery,May effect me long term...That stinks.. But I cant dwell on it.

So could you tell right after surgery? Any change?
I know it was scary....But are you better now?
Or is it to early to say?

Get back with me..I'm interested in knowing how your doing?Did you have to fight your insurance or did they help you right away?I fought for over 5 months to have my surgery, a one time payment on that joint.

One other thing... How did your TMJ start?

Fill me in..Thanks..

Bren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread