It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 11:42 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Just wanted to check in and see how you are and how Mike is doing with the splint? Is it still bugging his one molar? I hope that is only temporary for him. Is he doing okay with the lunchtime thing at school and taking it out and keeping it safe? Oh, and how are those girls? Have they sat with him this week again?

Things are okay here. 2 more days till my checkup. Hopefully the dentist will have a good solution for this crown issue. It hasn't felt too bad this week so I am guessing it moved back into it's comfortable position. (doesn't feel high like it did for those couple weeks) It would be nice if it turns out the crown is just loose, but I have a feeling it is still the tooth being unstable. I think that tooth has just had way too much work done to it. But it just figures that it would feel fine when I have my appt. Just teaches me that the next time it moves I need to call right away so he can see what is going on.

Well, hope all is well and I will talk to you soon. Take care, Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 07:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Smile

Delete post

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 10-31-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 11:26 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Hi Cheryl,

Oh, sorry to hear that Mike has to have an adjustment already. I am sure that soon they will get it just right and it will start to feel comfortable to him and start making things settle down and feel better. Just needs to get it into that "home" position. Then it will feel really great when he wears it.

So, Mike is going to play football after all. I hope he enjoys it. I guess it will only be about 5-6 games then? Is this junior varsity? Who knows, maybe he will be so good that he will one day get a scholarship to college for it. Wouldn't that be nice? And by that time this TMJ problem will be better too. Try to enjoy watching him play. I can picture you closing your eyes when he is about to get tackled. ( I know would be closing mine) I am glad I have a few more years till Emily starts sports. She already says she wants to play soccer or basketball. Luckily they have both at her school. The only problem is that the away games are all pretty far away since it is all private schools.

Well, tomorrow is my appt. It is really just a checkup for my first cleaning and xrays in their office. I can't believe it has been almost 3 months since I have been there to have that crown replaced. I sure hope they don't say I have any cavities. I just really hate dental work. Even a filling stirs up problems anymore. Anyway, I am planning on talking to the dentist about the crown shifting and my bite being so off again. Also asking for a new prescription for flexeril. That way I have it on hand if I need it too. I am thinking of trying to stop it again. Not sure yet. Maybe I could at least take a break for a week from it. I am also taking both my splints with me for him to check them. And I want to tell him about the chiro/masso. That has helped my neck so much.

Well, let me know how Mike makes out with his splint adjustment tomorrow. Hope they can get it right the first time and you don't have to keep running back. They should give you stock in the place by now.

I will talk to you tomorrow after my appt. Take care Cheryl, Michelle

Old 09-11-2003, 01:39 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Hiya Cheryl,

So, how did Mike's splint adjustment go today? Good I hope. It would be great if they could get it just right for him. How is the football going for him? Is he enjoying it?

My appt. went pretty well. The hygenist was very nice and she wasn't too rough either. She did the most thorough cleaning I have had done in years though. I was in that chair for over an hour. Needless to say I do have to get 2 small fillings done on Monday morning. (yuck) Two of my bottom teeth have small holes in them and he wants to fill them up. (I forget what exactly with) You know, those holes have been there a few years and I always wondered why my old dentist didn't mention filling them so they wouldn't decay at the area? Now one of them has some decay around it. Other than that I am hoping there is nothing else. He was leaving today after my appt. and the hygenist did the xrays last (she thought I may not need them for 6 months) so he won't see them until tomorrow. I sure hope there is nothing else. Guess I will find out on Monday. Anyway, I did talk to him about my crown and the shifting and he told me that the next time I feel that to come right over. He said it may just be that the crown will need to be recemented (since it is only a temp). That would be nice if that is all it is. Oh, and he did give me a new prescription for flexeril. So now I get a 3 day break to rest my jaw and back to the chair on Monday.

Well, I hope things are going okay for you there today. I will talk to you soon. Take care, Michelle

Old 09-12-2003, 12:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Delted post

Old 09-12-2003, 07:33 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Hi Cheryl,

Oh gosh, poor Mike. I am so sorry to hear he is feeling so bad. Oh Cheryl, I would have wanted to scream at that Dr. in the ER. I cannot believe she didn't listen to what you were telling her and what the Dr. said you should do in these cases. And Claritin to boot. Does that work for Mike at all? It never did for Emily. I hope the Dr. gives her an earful when you tell him about it. Did you get Mike in today? I hope he is feeling better soon. Those attacks are just awful. I have spent many nights on the bathroom floor with Emily with the steamy shower running. I am sure you have been there too? I'll keep praying for Mike to feel better.

So, no football, you will have to fill me in when things settle down. And let me know how the splint goes too then. I am sure it has been hard for Mike to tell with having a cold all week.

Hang in there Cheryl and I will talk to you soon. Hope things get better over the weekend. Take care, Michelle

Old 09-13-2003, 01:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smile

Deleted post

Old 09-13-2003, 02:11 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for asking about me! I am doing okay here. I have had a menstrual headache the last 2 days and can't stand noise but other than that I feel alright. I think the long visit at the dentist on Thursday didn't help with the headache thing either. I hope it is gone by Monday so I am okay after the dental work I have to have. Not looking forward to it but if it helps to avoid major work later it is worth it.

Glad to hear that Mike got the meds he needs from the Dr. He sounds like a good one. Our Dr. is good like that too. And thankfully the one that is on call when he is out pretty much just gives me what I tell him our Dr. would. I hope Mike is feeling better soon and then he can see if that splint is starting to work. Oh, Emily only gets those asthmatic attacks when her allergies are really bad and she gets a chest cold on top of it. Her allergies are seasonal and they haven't started up yet. I am hoping so much that they go away soon. She takes a prescription when they are bad called rynatan. And then we have another one for when she has a cough. She is very prone to catching pneumonia too. She has had it 4 times already in the last 3 years. She had the vaccine last January after a bout with it so hopefully it will work and she will not get it again this year. That is also supposed to help with the bacteria that causes sinus infections (she gets one a month once the allergies kick up) too so hopefully those will be less this year too. It is about time she has a healthy school year. Her first 2 she missed alot of days.

Wow, a birthday present for a 15 year old boy. That is a tough one. Are there any music CDs he would like alot? My niece(the one that just turned 15) always has a list of them that she wants. I usually end up giving her money anymore so she can get what she wants. But I know you are trying to think of something special. That is a tough one. Does he wear a necklace or anything? Or a watch? Boy, I guess we are getting older Cheryl when we don't know what to get for teenagers anymore. That generation gap thing is kicking in. I always wondered how that happened. (haha)

Well my Mike is playing in his quoit tournament all day today. (even in the rain) I sure hope he wins something. He is on vacation all week and maybe he can take me out for a nice lunch one day. Maybe he can even if he doesn't win. (haha)

Well, I better get moving here. Need to run up to the grocery store yet for a few things. I will talk to you tomorrow and hope that Mike is feeling much better. And how are you doing lately too? Take care, Michelle

PS. That sounds like a good idea for Mike to wait till next year to play football. He is one smart kid!

Old 09-14-2003, 11:49 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smile

Deleted post

Old 09-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Hi Cheryl,

Yuck, green pool water. Brings back memories of the year that happened at my Dad's and we had a pool liner scrubbing party. I know exactly what that is like. Sorry to hear you had to spend your whole day on that. I guess it's better than needing a new liner next year though. My Dad had to get one this year due to a hole and it wasn't cheap.

Glad to hear that Mike is doing some better. I hope that whole head cold clears up for him this week. It is ashame that had to happen to him right when he got the splint so he has no idea what is causing what? I am still praying for this splint to help him.

So sorry to hear about the dog Cheryl. How many do you have? What can you do for the seizures, or do you just have to wait them out? That must be really scary. It would upset me.

So, tomorrow is Mike's followup with the urologist? I hope the news is good and all is okay. Is it still bothering him?

My appt. today went okay. The fillings are really nice (white ones) but it was one on each side on the bottom. The right side went perfectly fine, but on the left I could feel him drilling so I had to have another shot of novacaine. (or whatever they use now) It took till just an hour ago for it to all wear off and of course it feels the worst right where I got the shots. I hate that feeling. But thankfully the fillings seem great and not too high, etc. Now I am done for 6 months until my next cleaning unless the crown acts up. Wouldn't it be nice if it doesn't and I make it that long? (wishful thinking)

So, how is the weather there? We had thunderstorms all night and a really wicked one this morning about 5 minutes before I was going to get Emily up. It thundered so loud it woke her up and she was screaming like I have never heard her before. She scared the daylights out of Mike. But we got her calmed down and ready for school in time.

Well, I am so tired from being awake with the storms all night and from being at the dentist this morning. That always makes me tired. I guess because I get so nervous. Anyway, I am going to take a short nap before I make dinner so I will talk to you later. Take care and hope all goes well tomorrow with the uro appt. and at the Vet for the dog too. Michelle

Old 09-16-2003, 12:41 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Deleted post

Old 09-16-2003, 02:21 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Cheryl,

Gosh, you sure do have alot going on again. I am so sorry to hear about Holley's emergency surgery. I hope she pulls through everything okay. I totally understand your attachment to her and crying all day. I have done that myself already. What about Shadow? Will they put her back on the med for the seizures? And hopefully Nikki will outgrow the chewing soon. What stress you must have? I will pray especially for you Cheryl that things calm down some.

So, Mike isn't feeling better yet? I wonder if the weather isn't helping it much? My Mike's Mom was in the hospital over the weekend with her asthma. She had a bad attack in the middle of the night Saturday and couldn't breath at all. She thinks the weather brought it on. It was so warm and humid and rainy for so many days. Then yesterday everything flooded. Now we have the hurricane to look forward to. So far Emily's allergies have stayed calm. They usually don't kick in full force till we have to run the heat and close all the windows. Dust is a big problem for her. I vacuum alot around here and we have hard wood floors with just area rugs.

So Mike has to have surgery in October for the uro. problem? Now what did they say it was? I am not sure if you and I ever talked about that. Maybe you had it on another thread and I didn't read it. I hope it isn't anything too serious? Poor Mike has been through the mill. He is always in my prayers.

I am feeling okay today here. A little sore from the novacaine needles when I open too far. (no yawning allowed today for me) I expected that though. The fillings feel pretty good. The one on the right I don't even notice it was done. The left one is a little strange as the tooth is shaped a bit different now. He tried really hard not to make it too high since it is the one that hits with the crown. I am sure I will get used to it. But it kinda feels like it needs more of a filling in it. Like there is a hole there. Guess time will tell.

Well, take care Cheryl and I will talk to you soon. Tell Mike we hope he gets better and can get back to school soon. I am sure he is missing that lunch with the girls. Michelle

Old 09-17-2003, 01:13 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Old 09-17-2003, 02:00 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

shell389 HB User
Smile

Hi Cheryl,

Oh, that story about Holley brings tears to my eyes. How that dog must love and trust Mike. Maybe she will be okay now just being with him. Has she eaten today at all? I hope so.

Sorry to hear Mike still isn't well. I hope he feels better soon. Is he going back to school tomorrow? What are the predictions for the hurricane in your area? We are supposed to get hit with it starting tomorrow afternoon and all day Friday. So far it looks like rain 2-4 inches and heavy winds. I am worried about flooding since we just had alot of it on Monday. Emily's school is on the other side of the river too. It would upset me to have her stuck at school and be unable to get to her to come home. Hopefully it won't start till late tomorrow after school is over and then maybe Friday the schools will cancel if the flooding is bad.

My filling is feeling okay today. It is so hard to tell with that crown back there on that side since it always feels slightly high. But it doesn't feel much different than usual so I am guessing everything is okay. I am really hoping to actually wait 6 months to sit in that chair again. (it would be a record for me at this rate)

Sorry to hear that Mike has to have that uro. surgery. That is good that it is a simple procedure and I agree with you that hopefully it will be a "quick fix". He doesn't need any more problems, that's for sure.

Well,I better get moving here. I have a bit of work from one of my Dr's to do. Take care and if you don't hear from me for a couple days we may have lost power with the storm. Stay safe there. Michelle

Old 09-17-2003, 06:58 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Closed Thread