It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2003, 12:51 PM   #1
Veteran

HRevero HB User
Question something weird

Hey everyone I have not been around for awhile, but I have had something really weird happen to me. Last Monday I was driving to school and I lost my peripheral vision. Major head pain, stiffness, incohertness, and major tingleness also came. The feeling on limp body parts was also there. Well, other then the vision thing my syptoms have remained the same it is now Sunday. It is also extremely hard to type this letter to you all. My arms and legs really hurt. I get tingly ALL over my whole body. I guess my question is have any of you heard of such a thing? Migraines have already been thought of but the massive head pain is not there. Whatever it is has also closed my jaw. It does not feel like when my jaw locks something is making it not open. Oh another thing is that I am very weak. i went to the ER and i had blood drawn, cat scan, spine x ray, and everything turned out negative. I woke up last Monday ready for the week I never thought I would be like this.
Heather

Old 09-21-2003, 01:24 PM   #2

kami-girl HB User
Hi Heather,

I often get that weak muscle feeling as well. I thought I was the only one and attributed it to the meds I am on. For me the feeling is like I just ran a marathon or something and my arms, legs neck muscles feel like limp noodles and feel weak all over. Kind of flu like. Is that kind of what you are talking about?

Grace

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #3
(female)

Michelle99 HB User
Heather,

That sounds horrible. Did the ER doctor suggest you see anyone else? Perhaps a neurologist could get to the bottom of this.

I hope your symptoms improve very soon.

Old 09-21-2003, 02:32 PM   #4

Isobelj HB User
That does sound horrible. I've had weakness and shakiness too after being in a car/exposed to loudish noise (the two often somewhat come together as just going out involves being in noise, rumbling traffic, loud music in shops and so on - I think both noise and vibrations from movement cause it), at worst I felt I had spasms in my face and neck, shaky weak arms and legs (can hardly pick anything up), and also have a really weak feeling in my jaw, sides of my face, which is disturbing, so that talking or eating is unpleasant. I don't know why this happens but when it occurs it is always after I have been in a car/exposed to noise.

Are you taking any muscle relaxants or anything, I know side effects of non steroid anti inflammatories can be temporary vision problems. I have the shaky feeling however when on no medication at all

Do other people have the weakness and spasms? It is bothersome, the idea of having anything which could be termed a neurological problem is worrying .

Isobel

[This message has been edited by Isobelj (edited 09-21-2003).]

Old 09-21-2003, 03:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Arleen HB User
Smile

Hi Heather:

I'm sorry to hear you're having these problems.I've been experiencing tingles and shakes for two months now, although I believe the cause is noise vibrations, even when I can't hear the actual music.

I'm live in a townhouse next door to 4 teenagers, who play and listen to music almost 24/7. One teenager has something that mutes the sound. I think he plays the music loudly, listens with headphones so I don't hear music (or sometimes just rumblings), but the noise vibrations come throughthe walls. My legs or back often feel like they're being tensed at high power. Sometimes my stomach gets a jittery feeling, or my heart starts racing. Sometimes it's more subtle like pins and needles. It drives me out of my mind and can go on for hours. I can't relax or focus when this happens. I've also found air conditioning or other low level machinery cause a similar reaction.

I've been taking clonazepam so I can sleep even with the vibrations happening. I've just cut the dosage because it makes me like a zombie during the day. I'm hoping (praying) when I get my TMJD problems sorted out, this symptom will disappear.

I haven't lost peripheral vision, but my vision is sometimes perfect and other times blurry. I had my eyes tested a couple of months ago, and with my glasses on it's still 20/20. So the problem isn't my eyesight. TMJD can cause these symptoms.

If I remember correctly, and excuse me if not but my memory is pitiful, didn't you get a splint a while back. Maybe it's due for an adjustment, and things have shifted with your muscles, or your jaw is resting on some nerves?

I hope you feel better real soon. Take care.

Arleen

Old 09-21-2003, 04:17 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

DianeTMJ HB User
(((( Heather )))))
Oh my gosh Heather! That is just awful. Okay, so you know that everything checked out at the ER. So have you called your dentist to see what he has to say? Could it be you are ready for adjustment or something. Heather that is frightening. Did they check your eyes as well?
Oh Heather, I posted a couple of times wanting to see how you are doing. (((Heather))))
I use to get real bad vision problems, I would just wake up with them. Tingling too. Almost like I had too much caffine or something. The vertigo was pretty bad as well, to the point any movement, my stomach would go crazy. But those symptoms came on gradually, not all at one time.
Had the splint been working for you Heather? I think the last time we heard from you it was doing well. But that has been a little bit.
Big hugs
Diane

[This message has been edited by DianeTMJ (edited 09-21-2003).]

Old 09-21-2003, 04:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User
Hi Heather:
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I hope your doctor can find out what is going on with you. I often have that tired, heavy muscle feeling and sometimes I have some what I consider serious visual disturbances. I know when this happens to me I always get scared. Hang in there. I will keep you in my prayers.
Tiffany

Old 09-22-2003, 08:04 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Michelle W HB User
I am fairly new to the board, but I did want to offer my input. I think you should be evaluated by a neurologist to check out your symptoms. I would also make sure that your doctor treating your TMJ is aware of your experience.

If your neuro evaluation is normal do you think maybe you are under a lot of stress? Please don't think I am minimizing your symptoms in any way. I just want to share my insight that I have had major anxiety/panic attacks and they can cause some major physical symptoms. Although I have never had any visual problems with it. That is why I think you should have a complete neurological check up and exam first.

Old 09-22-2003, 09:38 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

PINKYPRISCILLA HB User
TMJ can definitely cause this , the way my tmj dentist
describes it is:

when the jaw is out of alignment it can throw all major muscle groups out of wack because they try to compensate for the lack of stability.

Old 09-23-2003, 05:59 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

DianeTMJ HB User
Question

Bump up for Heather -

Old 09-23-2003, 02:49 PM   #11

Isobelj HB User
Heather, how are you now? Are you able to open your jaw? I've kept thinking about you, I know I became so scared when I got my worst 'attack' (after going to the cinema) of spasms, trembling and weakness, I had jumping muscles even in my legs, and your experience sounds far worse. I really hope you are feeling stronger and more back to normal.

hugs,
Isobel

Old 07-17-2005, 10:11 AM   #12
(female)

changa HB User
Re: something weird

These are me symptoms tingleness all over me body, muscle soreness, and at night I have cramps in my legs. Do you have any of these symptoms? I went to the E.R. and they did nothing for me. I will see my regular Dr. on Tuesday for a check-up.

Last edited by changa; 07-17-2005 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Closed Thread