It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2003, 10:10 AM   #1
Veteran

Literati HB User
Post Splint broke- home repair?

Hi, hope someone can help me. My splint cost over $1,000 and a little part of it just chipped off last night. Does anyone know any non-toxic glue/bonding/anything that can be used to repair a chipped splint (I have the chip that came off). I already tried Fixodent but that only held the piece together for an hour. I was thinking about going to Walmart today to look for something. Thanks!

Old 09-23-2003, 07:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Hi,

Try giving this a shot.

J-B KWIK - available at most hardware stores. Made by J-B Weld.
It stays pliable for about 2 minutes after mixing, sets in just 4 minutes, and cures fully in 4 hours.
Before it sets, you can clean up with soap and water.
it's non-toxic.

Mix two equal amounts and mix with a toothpick. Apply no more than enough to cover the surface to bond together. Squeeze pieces together for 5 minutes until it sets up. Do not put it in your mouth until it has cured over night. Rinse under cool water before putting it in your mouth.

Make sure you buy KWIK with the black and orange tubes. The other products are not food grade quality.

Walmart does carry this. Good Luck.
Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CherylLynn24 (edited 09-23-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2003, 08:55 PM   #3
Veteran

Marlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB User
Personally, I wouldn't try to repair it yourself. If it was custom made for you, it needs to be "custom" repaired by your dentist. If the "repair" is even a milimetre off, this could throw things out of wack with the fit.

Marlene

Old 09-24-2003, 12:11 AM   #4
Veteran

mdla HB User
Hi,

Oh my gosh that is my worst nightmare. Im so sorry. I had a panic attack one night at 1am I thought I lost mine, I ran out in my underware crying to my car to see if it was in there.

I agree if the chip is significant at all you might not want to try a fix as the slighest adjustment could throw off your bite and that would be worse.

I hope school is going well

Closed Thread