It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2003, 11:40 PM   #1

20carfan HB User
Post Reynolds " " on TMJ

I read about Burt Reynolds having TMJ in an earlier post, I did a search and found this " " he gave on it...

Burt Reynolds was hit on the jaw. He didn't work for three years. His weight dropped to 140 pounds. He had was TMJ dysfunction. Here is how Mr. Reynolds described his problem. "When your jaw, your bite, goes off, your equilibrium goes off, too. You're in a kind of brain pain that comes up and whips your eyeballs out. Then the nausea starts. It is like being seasick all the time. You throw up, can't lie down, and can't take any light. If the phone rang, I'd fall on the floor with a pillow over my head because of the pain. I had tubes in my ears and I didn't eat, just drank soup. I kept getting thinner and thinner. It was scary. I got real carved cheekbones. Friends suggested I see a psychiatrist."

"There are thousands of dentists who don't know how to treat it. I saw 13 of them. Finally, I found a guy in Florida and spent weeks.......... Asked when he finally decided to take control of life again, he said, "The moment I woke up and was no longer nauseated."

Old 09-24-2003, 11:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PINKYPRISCILLA HB User
Yes you probably saw that post from me.
The poor guy was in bad shape, they thought it was
physchological,aids, there were so many rumors, drug
abuse,etc,. then he finally saw someone who capped all of his teeth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2003, 02:06 PM   #3
Veteran

Literati HB User
Does anyone know how his teeth were capped? If he was hit in the jaw, was there any damage to his teeth? Just wondering how great of an idea capping is when one has TMJ.

Old 09-24-2003, 02:26 PM   #4
Veteran

mdla HB User
What does Caped teeth mean? Is this like a crown they put in to make your teeth hit at the even places? Did this alone really cure his TMJ?

I heard that Brooke Shields also had TMJ, read an article like in 99 that said she had it but it didn't sound as bad as some of ours, I think her major thing was headaches and she got rid of it with a craniosacril massage therapist in NYC.

Old 09-25-2003, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

PINKYPRISCILLA HB User
Hi,

caps and crowns are kinda the same. His jaw needed support so the teeth had to built up and equilibrated. Im not sure if any of his teeth were knocked out during his jaw accident on stage filming.
I didn't know about Brooke Shield, but Shannon Doherty said she has tmj on a talk show.

Closed Thread