It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2003, 04:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Ouch-ear-pain HB User
Unhappy Sad Mad And Angry

Yep,
exactly what it says on my title is exactly what I am. Why does TMJ have to be such a long process?? I mean can't they just schedule me and appt. and have my splint ready in 1 week? That would make life so much easier. Does TMJ make any of you just feel like fatigued and tired or anything?? I get dizzy when I wake up, I just want to get my splint and wear the heck out of it!!! I am so sad mad and angry at the dental profession. I totally know that it is not there fault but I wish that something could be done to make it easier on TMJD patients. I am truly tired of all the go here, and do this, and call them, and go here to get..... blah blah blah blah blah. I mean wouldn't it be easier for everyone. Sorry you all are listening to me sit here and talk and brag and go on but I am tired of it know!!! Thanks for listening I needed to let it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

saaraah HB User
you know, if you find a good dentist, the process can be not as long. for instance, with my new dentist, i have seen him 3 times: 1 consult, 1 diagnostic assessment, and another consult to discuss treatment. after my 3rd appointment with him, my splint will be ready in 1 week.

all i can suggest to you is to be educated, which it seems that you are, since you're on this forum.

try not to get discouraged.. ive been searching for answers for my TMJD and migraines for over 10 years now. it's only in the last 3-4 years that i've actively taken my treatment into my own hands and have pushed for stuff when most doctors were ready to dismiss me.

anyway, dont get frustrated.. try to be positive - you'll find a great dentist and your symptoms will be alleviated.

take care,

- saaraah.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2003, 10:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Ouch-ear-pain HB User
Smile

Thank you so much Saaraah (sp)?
I believe I have found a dentist but now I have to go in and see how he acts and what he wants to do for my treatment and all that other stuff! Thanks for listening and I truly appreciate it!
~*EAR*~

Closed Thread