It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2003, 06:26 PM   #1

looney HB User
Question Did I Let This Condition Progress Too Long???

Dear Group,

I have been a night clencher/grinder all my life, but I had no symptoms of TMJ whatsoever until 9 months ago after coming off Klonopin too fast and my muscles all went into spasm.

About three months post-withdrawal, my jaw began to click and pop. It wasn't painful, so I didn't do anything about it. A couple of months after that, I noticed how tight my whole face and head felt.

I am now at the point where I can barely function as my whole head, scalp, neck, and jaw are so painfully tight and in spasm. I can't open my mouth real wide, and my teeth all hurt like crazy.

I understand that getting treatment early in the TMJ problem is so important. I'm wondering if I let this go too long and now I'm in big trouble? It seems to me that I went from zero symptoms to very bad symptoms in a matter of 9 months or so. Is this usual? I just can't believe how fast it got this bad.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Looney

Old 09-26-2003, 08:15 PM   #2
Veteran

Marlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB UserMarlene HB User
Cool

Looney,

I suffered for 14 months before I found the right dentist and the right treatment - so there IS still something you can do!! Just don't wait too long, as it can take some time to find the right dentist/treatment.

Marlene

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2003, 05:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

saaraah HB User
i've been suffering for 3.5 years, and ive been thru treatment after treatment, which i've all failed...i, too, worry that it's too late, since i have articular changes in my TMJs and im only 22.

i figure, tho, it's never too late to get better.. at least, i hope not.

- saaraah.

[This message has been edited by saaraah (edited 09-27-2003).]

Closed Thread