It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2003, 11:05 PM   #1

Isobelj HB User
Question Is this just normal TMJ?

As much as TMJ can be normal! I'm scared by some strange symptoms, I have been feling much better in the last couple of weeks, but just when I begin to relax a bit something worrying happens, I hope it doesn't mean I'm going to regress but is just a glitch, but I do hate it. I'm mostly now trying to stay quiet and away from what seems to trigger unpleasant symptoms in me, that does help, but the problem is it isn't always possible.

For example on Sat I went to a cafe, it wasn't noisy but the light was really bright and the chairs were unusually low and the combination of having this light in my eyes and having to stretch up with my arms to lean on the table brought back the muzzy headed sensation I've come to identify with this whole TMJ syndrome, my neck ached and clicked, and my eyes felt weird, watery and not properly focused. My face pulsed a bit too and my jaw felt weak. I hated it, it made me vividly feel that I can't do normal things and fear I will never be able to. Anyway, those discomforts went away but this am I woke early to my dear neighbour's loud music, I guess I was grinding because of the noise even with a bite splint in as my gums felt tingly, and again I had that muzzy feeling and the pulsing/spasms. Having these spasms is like uncontrollable twitching (for example when you get tired muscles under your eyes) but not so strong, that's why I call it pulsing, struggling to define it, its mostly in the sides of my face and in my neck, particularly between my collar bones, making me feel a bit choked, and my heart seems to be beating faster. THAT scares me, it hasn't happened that often but when it does I feel as if it's such a set back and am afraid of what will happen next. Is all this normal? I feel like a lunatic trying to describe these feelings to friends and down play if I do, but if you feel a fluttering pulsing and constriction in your throat isn't that pretty serious? I also had a feeling of popping whenever I swallowed (still do now) and my right ear which had cleared felt a bit full again. Plus with the 'pulsing' my jaw feels very tired, almost as if I can't control it, why?

I wish I could live in a sound proof apartment for a while!

Isobel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread