It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2003, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

emmab HB User
Post could it be tmj

I have had intermittent tooth pain for several months that is worsening steadily. It seems to be focused on three back upper right teeth, but dentist unable to pinpoint which one. All seem to have live nerves, and xrays etc show no sign of decay. One tooth has filling that she says COULD be cracked, but not convinced. My face is sore and not sure if it is tooth infection leading to sinus or vice versa. On top of this my right jaw occasionally pops. what is going on here and what should I do next??? am i better off seeing a dentist or a doctor??? really at wits end here!!!

Old 09-29-2003, 09:42 PM   #2

Isobelj HB User
You could possibly have invisibly cracked (even to the dentist) teeth caused by grinding, or just hypersensitivity which could subside if you stop grinding. I've had incredibly sensitive teeth too which has seemed so odd because the dentist couldn't find any reason for it, this year 3 fillings I had done (in molars) hurt afterwards with biting for no apparant reason, one was a very small cavity which shouldn't have hurt at all (before or after being done, but it did), pain mostly died down after a few months but still comes back in different places, just going around my mouth. I've had to conclude it is due to bruxism, I just got a 'bite splint' to wear at night and already I feel as if my teeth are less sensitive. I happened across a really excellent dental site last week which explains many relevant to tmj suffers details very well, for example it mentions that teeth can be finely cracked without it being visible. I hope it's ok to post the link here, it has no ads etc.

[Edited to remove website address.]

It sent me off to clean and floss straight away though, thinking of ground down enamal and such nasties!

I wonder if your face could be sore from your jaw joint, if you have occasional popping it seems as if there is something somewhat wrong, can you ask the dentist about TMJ or see a TMJ dentist? I get tenderness with tooth sensitivity too, tenderness and puffiness

Isobel

[This message has been edited by Isobelj (edited 09-30-2003).]

[A website with personal contact information for the dentist, email address and other website links are not permitted. When not sure of whether posting a website is acceptable, please contact moderator1 as outlined in the Healthboards guidelines.]

[This message has been edited by Well-come (edited 10-01-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2003, 07:48 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Michelle W HB User
I think since your right jaw is poping you should consider seeing a dentist that specializes in TMJ. I know that my teeth are very sensitive due to grinding. It definitely wouldn't hurt to be checked out by someone. My dentist told me there are many root canals done due to sensitivity when a bite adjustment or splint needs to be made. Have you had any recent dental work? I have read where a new filling or crown that is too high can cause all kinds of problems like TMJ. Just a thought.

Closed Thread