It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2004, 11:02 AM   #1

bnessa77 HB User
Unhappy Jaw Locked OPEN - what do I do???

About 6 months ago I yawned pretty wide and my jaw locked open. I could not close it. I tried relaxing but that didn't work. I try to move it different ways so that I can shut it but that didn't work either. I had to go to emergancy room that night at 11:00 pm. The Doctor there unlocked it for me at 4:30 am. The whole time my mouth was just wide open. It didn't hurt at all but still- how uncomfortable is that. Once the doctor helped me close it..it was just swore for a couple of days but not painful at all. Last weekend the same thing happen except when I yawned I didn't do it wide open. It was like a half way yawn and my mouth locked open again; however, this time it hurt SO BAD. I went to the emergancy room again that night. He finally saw me around 4:00 am but by that time my jaw had already unlocked itself. Through that entire night my jaw kept locking open about 4 times. Twice for yawning -half ways, one for trying to take my contacts out, and once for talking. Each time my JAW hurt so BAD. I was in major pain. Now..my mouth feel ackward. My jaw seems worse..and when I talk a lot or eat..I feel a tense in my jaw that I feel its going to lock again. My doctor recommended my to go to a therpist for TMJ and I am on the 24th of this month but is that really going to HELP?? Oh yeah..and anther thing - when I was about 16 yrs old I started to get a clicking sound in my mouth every single time I eat. I still have it. Is that why I'm getting this?? I'm only 22 and if its going to get worse..how can I LIVE like this. I'm scared to do anything. Even yesturday - at work my jaw locked for about a minute and then closed all my itself. WHAT should I do??? I don't really read of any cure for this anywhere? I hear about surgies going bad..and theripy not helping? what should I do? I don't have other symthoms like others. My neck, back, ears, throat are fine. No headaches..no pain in my Jaw except when it locks. I don't really stress..I don't even grin my teeth in the day or night. Can somebody HELP me in doing the right thing?? Please?? I hear a clicking sound no matter what way I move my mouth.

Last edited by bnessa77; 02-13-2004 at 11:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #2
Veteran

GenDen HB User
Re: Jaw Locked OPEN - what do I do???

You need to see a dentist who specializes in treating TMJ dysfunction.

Closed Thread