It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2004, 01:18 AM   #1
(male)

lbb87 HB User
Ear wax or fluid?

I know that sometimes when you have TMD that the Eustachian tube can close and you can get fluid trapped in the ear. I definitely have something going on with my ear but I NEED to know exactly what it is.

I think my eustachian tubes are open. If I swallow air a certain way then there's this little "clicking" sound in my ears. But my one ear is or feels plugged. Sometimes it does "pop" and I can hear better and it's been popping a lot recently since I've been taking an inflammation medicine. There feels like there's something in my ear, like fluid. Today, I took a little tool and very carefully tried to clean my ear (not deep down in it though) and there was all this sticky stuff in it. I don't know if it's wax or not. The past 3 years I've had to get my ear cleaned once a year because the same ear was plugged with wax. I went to the ear doctor about 2 months ago and he said my ear had very little wax and didn't clean it. So now I'm wondering if in 2 months my ear could've become plugged with wax or if it has fluid in it. Since I don't have insurance I need to know what's going on before I decide if and when I should see a doctor. I also thought maybe I have an ear infection and should take some antibiotics but I don't know. Does anyone have any advice or tips or anything they can offer?

Closed Thread