It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #1
(female)

spacenut99 HB User
Smile Saaraah

Just wondering if you went to see Dr. F and if so how it went??

Lisa

Old 05-06-2005, 05:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

saaraah HB User
Re: Saaraah

hey :) i saw him about 3 weeks ago. i suppose the appointment went okay. let's see... he said that im a difficult case [how many times have i heard that before], but that he's been able to help *all* of his patients to varying degrees and who are worse than i am [arthritis-wise]. he was very receptive to answering my many questions, which was definitely a positive thing. he said that my face is very crooked. wonderful.

to be honest, i have no idea if i should trust him. he commented that im cynical [rightly so]: im exhausted from putting my money and faith in health professionals, and then failing their treatments.

anyway, i have been thinking about it, and i honestly dont know what to do. i dont have any money at this point, so i'd have to get some type of loan to undergo treatment/traveling costs. plus, i just dont know if i should pursue his treatment [twin block appliance].

thanks for your concern,

- saaraah.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
(male)

GoodThings HB User

Hello,
I'm not sure if you know this but Twin Block is part of FJO. And i believe it is used to make your jaw wider or something. Do you have a narrow jaw? I think if this guy knows how to use the appliance well, he can probably help you. But trust is very important.

GT

Old 05-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #4
(female)

spacenut99 HB User

Hi Saaraah,

hmmm....that's too bad. I totally understand your cynicism...I'm beginning to become cynical myself, and I've only been at this for 3 years!

I am still seeing him but I'm in a bit of trouble right now...the pain has returned and he can't seem to get me back to where I was a couple of months ago.

I know it is difficult to trust these guys, and after reading the experiences of people on this board, I am much more wary of dentists and their 'treatments' for TMJD. However, I dont think Dr. F. is just out to swindle patients. He has helped me so much, and because my treatment with him has gone on longer than expected, he has not charged me for an appointment in months, and I have been seeing him at least every week or two.

Of course, if he can no longer help me, and if things don't improve soon I might give Dr. Marangos' office a call. He was recommended by Dr. Rondeau in London so I'll try my luck with him if all else fails!

Good luck

Closed Thread