It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

Windorama HB User
Please help...

Hi all,
Well, where to begin.
About a month ago, I came back from a flight, and my eustacian tubes didn't clear out, a number of ear infections etc. So - to make a long story short, I got tubes in my ears last week.
Since then, my right ear feels very full (and painful), my whole right jaw hurts , and I have a constant headache....TMJ??? I have no clue - my ENT wants me to go and see a neurologist...
I am living & working in Mexico right now (From Canada)....which is adding stress to the situation...being away from home (and speaking little Spanish)
Don't know what Im looking for - support, a cure, managing ideas?? Anything....

Windy

Old 05-06-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
(female)

cjdearden HB User
Re: Please help...

Well, your ENT or a Neurologist would be able to tell you if you have TMJ by doing a scan of your jaw, or x ray. To me, it doesn't sound TMJ related. Scary not knowing what happened during surgery. Maybe possible complications while in surgery could have caused it, but TMJ is a dislocation of the joint, so it would be visible on an x ray. I know I have TMJ (which has been classified as arthritis in my right jaw) which I thought was causing daily chronic headaches, that turned into severe migraines, accompanied by lots of ear pain, but then recently figured out that it's not really what's causing the pain in my head. I am receiving treatment for TMJ which I think was causing the ear pain and the PT and mouth splint is helping to realign my jaw, and the ear pain has lessened. However, I am also seeing a neurologist who (though I'm new to seeing him) seems to know a lot more about my pain than the TMJ doc. So, I'm not much help, but in either case, I would get a scan again to make sure nothing is wrong with your brain, ear, jaw, etc. I wish you the best of the luck. A headache is one of the worst pains you can have I think so I really hope you get better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
(male)

GoodThings HB User

Hello,
Yeah, i have to agree with cj. TMJ is a dislocation of the joint. So unless something happened during surgery, i'd say it's not tmj related. But you should take some xrays to make sure.

take care,
GT

Old 05-06-2005, 04:59 PM   #4
(female)

Windorama HB User

Thanks cj & good things,
Perhaps I think that this all might be due (or in large part due to) stress...went for a massage this afternoon, and feel a bit better....perhaps stress was/is causing me to grind my teeth when I sleep....
I did have a catscan done when I was in ER, and all it showed was that my ear drums were perforiated....
Ah well, time for some relaxation tapes and candles...

Thanks again,
W

Closed Thread