It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2005, 10:06 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
I'm confused

I had the joint x-rays done and he said they were in the right place and no signs of arthrites, so why does it still hurt. I don't grind or anythings. Thanks. Could it be related to my neck- my muscles there are all tight?

Old 05-08-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
(male)

GoodThings HB User
Re: I'm confused

Hello,
What sort of xrays did you take? tomogram? If your joints are in the right places, YOU DON'T HAVE TMJ. Since you are still hurting (don't you what pain you are going through) it must mean they're NOT in the right places. i suggest you seek another opinion.

GT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
(female)

meditation HB User

There could be a whole list of things that could be causing your pain..Your body is feeling it, so there is a cause to it.

I agree with GT about a second opinion....It may not be TMJD; but, there are muscular disorders that could be resulting in pain, especially near the joint. All of our muscles are interconnected...so, of course, tight muscles in the neck could affect your head and vice versa.

Have you ever considered Chiropractic/massage/accupunture. For some, these things help.

If you are in pain, there is a reason for it. And, since it is on your mind, a second opinion may be warranted.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

Yes it was a tomogram I guess. What all does a tomogram show? I am having a lot of joint area pain in front of the ear and earache, blocked eustachian tubes, neck and shoulder pain and pain on the area above my ear. I guess it must be muscular- and the Pt said muscular problems can cause the joint to hurt because the joint isn't stable. Don't know about that. On the bright side after 2 months is is very slowly getting better. It started when the bite on my denture was too high. I also have MS so I don't know if this is contributing to the muscle spasms. Thanks.

Old 05-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #5
(male)

GoodThings HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtocamp
Yes it was a tomogram I guess. What all does a tomogram show? I guess it must be muscular- and the Pt said muscular problems can cause the joint to hurt because the joint isn't stable.
Hello,
Tomogram basically shows the space between the joint & cranium. That's why the Gelb 4/7 theory is very important. None "tmj" joints are within that area more or less.
To my understanding, your joints are what caused your muscles to go into spasm. Your muscles are trying to compensate for the displaced joints. I don't think it's the other way around.
I also ahve this damn neck and back pain. It's amazing how these two joints can cause so much damage to our body. It really is.

GT

Closed Thread