It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2005, 04:43 PM   #1

arczangel HB User
Early Symptoms?

I've been having some jaw problems recently and was wondering if I could get some advice. Basically, my jaw pops when I chew and sometimes when I try to open my mouth fully, I can't. Instead, I have to shift my jaw sideways before I can fully extend my jaw.

I have no idea what could have set this off. I know I grind my teeth, eat gum, chew ice, etc. However, I've done that forever and this has only become a problem in the last two weeks or so.

My question is, does this sound like anyone's experience with early TMJ? Or am I just worrying over nothing? Also, if this does sound like TMJ, what should I do from here? Given the relatively light state of this problem, it seems like a doctor would probably just dismiss it. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User
Re: Early Symptoms?

I would get in to see a dentist who specializes in "TMJ" treatment and get a full evaluation. Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
(female)

A_rafferty HB User

I have had that for years, and the dentist can't do anything for you, they'll just recommend you to an oral surgeon. Usually they say to me, if it doesn't hurt or cause you pain to deal with it because the surgery is so new and risky. What the dentist can do is offer you a mouth guard to prevent the teeth from dwindling down to nothing thru grinding.

Old 05-20-2005, 04:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

I would quit chewing gum and ice and see a TMJ dentist about a splint before you do end up being in pain.

Closed Thread