It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #1

mike_1984 HB User
Help me analyze...

Does TMJ necessarily mean you need to have a problem with your bite and your jaw locking. I'm pretty sure I have TMJ and I don't have those 2 symptoms, here are mine:

- Tension Headaches towards the back of my head near my neck.
- Neck tight and painful if I move it in a certain way (on the right more than the left)
- Teeth ache
- Tightness in jaw
- My jaw pops on the right if I move it side to side and also if I open it sometimes
- Teeth feel loose and almost out of place
- Sometimes I feel weird spasms on my face that last for about a second
- Tension-like feeling on my throat muscles when I swallow (rarely and no pain)
- Very worried and have constant mood swings cause of this (one minute im super happy, the next i'm down)
- Sensitivity in my eyes sometimes. It feels like I have bruises behind them.
- Shocks on the top of my ear, in my head. Almost electric-like but only for a second or two
- Very tired and stressed even if I sleep 8 hours a night

These symptoms come and go randomly and at different severities. As I wrote this message I actually got a few of these symptoms and a few went away. I don't have that much pain, it's more of an annoying pain you can say. Sometimes I can go a week without feeling anything, then I can go 1 month without getting better. It's completely random and I wake up every morning not knowing if today will be a good day or bad day. Also, when I wake up in the morning I tend to feel better than at night. These symptoms are also much more present on my right side of the head. I did X-Rays at one of my dentists and he said that I have a chip on one of my bones of my jaw joint (the round ball part where the joint meets, dont know how to explain the bone better). He said the scar tissue hasn't healed properly and that's the reason why my jaw cracks. Does this sound like TMJ to you people? Please let me know. I'm convinced i've got TMJ, what do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 01:21 PM   #2
(female)

meditation HB User
Re: Help me analyze...

Hi. I was just looking over your post. And, I know there are other disorders that mimic TMJ; but, aren't.

There are muscular disorders, such as myofascitis....that mimic some of the conditions of TMJ. And, it sounds (though I am no doctor) that your problems are mostly muscular.

Have you sought treatment for your muscular components?

Old 05-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #3

mike_1984 HB User

Well my X-Rays did reveal something about the right side of my jaw. Mentioned in my first post (topic starter).

Old 05-17-2005, 01:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

Let see- you sound a lot like me. Tight muscle on side of face and can almost feel them tighten in my neck. Ocipital muscle ticking and tightness and discomfort. Pain travels from one side of face to other. Humming in ear. No real headaches. No eye pressure. Every now and then lower jaw jerks, but I feel its from the tight muscles.

Curious, how did you get your chip on your jaw joint? An accident.

Old 05-17-2005, 01:53 PM   #5

mike_1984 HB User

I honestly have no clue. Apparently I've had it for a while.

So does this sound like TMJ to other people? I hope I don't have something serious. I've gone for a CAT scan about 7-8 months ago and the CAT scan came out completely negative. They scannded my whole head and nothing. I've started feeling these symptoms for about 10 months now. Some have diminished and gone away, while it seems like new ones arise every week. It is constantly changing and evolving. Please let me know. I'm fed up of the stress of this (it makes me feel worse when I stress).

Old 05-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

CherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB UserCherylLynn24 HB User

Try not to stress so much, it only makes things worse. Easier said than done, I know. It does indeed sound like you are experiencing TMJ Disorder according to your symptoms. Try to get in to see a dentist (Or a different one) ASAP and get some imaging done (MRI, Tomograms, etc.) to see exactly what is going on within your joints.

Old 05-18-2005, 07:17 AM   #7
(female)

Miss L HB User

Hi there, my symptoms and pain changes also i think its due to stress you think about it to much and it does your head in!

Miss L

Old 05-18-2005, 08:20 AM   #8

mike_1984 HB User

That is very true but I can't help it. I'm a worry bug, about everything, this has jsut increased my worrying. If im doing something constructive or keeping busy, the symptoms are almost non-apparent. Thanks for your posts guys. It's things like this that ease the stress a little.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:29 AM   #9
(female)

Miss L HB User

Hi again i worry about everything i dont know why ive always been the same doctors and hospitals scare me i drive my husband mad im totally fixated and i know it but i just cant help myself, if i have a sore finger "i havent brused it" its cancer! you know what i mean

anyways its good to know im not on my own

Miss L

Old 05-18-2005, 09:06 AM   #10

mike_1984 HB User

I'm the same way. Same paranoia, this is really unhealthy I think and it makes matters worse but I can't help it. I have pain in my chest and I think there is something wrong with my heart. A while back I went to the dentist to get my wisdom teeth out and I didn't want him to give me anaesthsia because i'm scared I would never wake up :S . This is how bad it is for me. Anywas, I wonder if there is any ways to get rid of this.

Old 05-19-2005, 04:27 AM   #11
(female)

Miss L HB User

i dont know what to do about it it gets me down i was so bad just before xmas my doc put me on anti depresant tabs they do help

Miss l

Closed Thread