It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Miracle

I have been praying for God to help me find someone to help me and I think today he did. I even went to the er last night due to such bad occipital pain and continous humming in both ears. They did a ct scan and said everything looked good and gave me pain pills. Today I went to a new dentist who sees a lot of TmJ pts. I wear a upper denture and lower partial and he said my ant. bite was too open. He put something in my top denture and explained the mechanics of TMJ and I kid you not- this is the first time in days as I sit here I can't hear humming in my ears. The pain in my neck has lessened and he said I look 5 years younger. I know this is soon- I hope it lasts. I think it was easier for me because I wear dentures. I'm sorry I cancelled our week-end plans because I was feeling so bad. So there is hope out there and caring people- I will put him on the Dr. Board. I'm from Mid Michigan so if anyones interested.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
(female)

Marylander HB User
Re: Miracle

Luvtocamp:

I remember that we started posting on this board about the same time and started PT about the same time, and that you sent some encouraging words my way, so I just wanted to say that I am so happy for you, and I hope this lasts.

Marylander

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
(female)

meditation HB User

Wow. Glad you are finally getting some relief...that ringing can definitely be crazy and annoying, to say the least.

Hoping that it works for you, ((hug))
Let us know your progress.

Old 05-28-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Its been around 50 hours since I've had my denture altered. Ear humming is now coming and going. Pain in my neck still a little but has gone down to between my shoulder blade area also- weird as that sounds. Having slight fleeting R temporal lobe spasms. I had a cervical x-ray and just showed mild arthritis, but I feel I have something out of alignment in my upper back neck area. I may take my X-rays to a few different Chiro and see what they think or my family Dr. who is a do and has on occasion cracked me. I feel my condyle may still be sitting to close to my ear to still cause some intermittant humming. Oh but at least I can funtion better than I have for the last 3 months. Still staying on soft food. Hope everyone is having a pretty good week-end.

Old 06-02-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Update- Most annoying symptom is humming in the ears yet. Went in for my first
check-up after a week and he said my jaw moved back- which he said was good,
but threw my bite off and thats why I still have symptoms. I thought my jaw was suppose to move forward. I think instead of a partial on my lower he wants to do implants- but all that will have to wait till I'm pain free and
my jaw is stable and balanced. He thinks I should be pain free by next week- can it really happen that fast. I still have slight pulling by my ear and some neck pain.
Well just thought I'd update my progress, I'm so new to all this I just pray that someday TMJ will be a memory.

Closed Thread