It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 02:01 PM   #1
(male)

fpshell HB User
TMJ & DIZZINESS

My wife is in her fifth week of wearing a lower teeth splint. Her only complaint is DIZZINESS. The dizzines is tied directly to ANY JAW MOVEMENT. Eating, even soft foods, & talking will trigger an increase in her dzziness.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone with similar conditions, or any that include problems with Dizziness. Her jaw has moved considerable during the past five weeks, but no change in her dizziness.

Two weeks ago her dentist tried DRY NEEDLING to locate Trigger Points in her Pterygoid Muscles, with great results. The dizziness stopped for seven hours and then only returned to a low level. Unfortunately, the following week, while attempting the same process, her cheek became swollen, with no decrease in her dizziness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
(female)

moniqu1 HB User
Re: TMJ & DIZZINESS

I have extreme dizziness and last year I was diagnosed with TMJ, but I never followed up with braces to straighten the jaw. All I do is wear my splint at night. I'm very dizzy (more of an off balance feeling) during the day and have pain in my upper teeth and near my temples & ears. Did her orthodontist say the dizziness could be coming from the tmj?

The Following User Says Thank You to moniqu1 For This Useful Post:
andort (06-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 06:40 AM   #3
(female)

Miss L HB User

hi there, my jaw locks now and then and when it does im usually off balance for a while, i also think its to do with inflamation of the jaw affecting your tube's in your ears you know that makes you dizzy

miss l

Last edited by Miss L; 06-09-2005 at 06:41 AM.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:51 AM   #4
(male)

fpshell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniqu1
I have extreme dizziness and last year I was diagnosed with TMJ, but I never followed up with braces to straighten the jaw. All I do is wear my splint at night. I'm very dizzy (more of an off balance feeling) during the day and have pain in my upper teeth and near my temples & ears. Did her orthodontist say the dizziness could be coming from the tmj?
Thank you for your reply. No, her dentist did not suggest that TMJD is the cause of her dizziness. However, since her dizziness has been determined NOT TO BE AFFECTED BY HEAD POSITION, and since ANY JAW MOVEMENT is a major trigger for incerased DIZZINESS, we decided to try the TMJ SPLINT as the most obvious approach. Also, there is an individual on the web that has been maintaining a TMJ DIARY for the past 15 months, who had headaches, but MAJOR DIZZINESS. As most know that are suffering dizziness, it is difficult to nail down a solution, particularly if the inner ear is not thought to be the cause.

Old 06-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #5
(female)

Boyle HB User

i have dizziness with tmj when i put my head back or let my jaw hang then move my head

Closed Thread