It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

Carina HB User
Smile Facial Numbness???

Does anyone experience any facial numbness that is caused by TMJ? My whole right side of my face and neck is numb. It has never happened before. I haven't gotten my TMJ shots in about 3 months, so that is not the cause. I did some research on facial numbness and TMJ, and all I got is things saying that it is not a symptom, but some patients say they have it. but not directly linked to TMJ. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #2
(male)

Pablo2079 HB User
Re: Facial Numbness???

I get numbness along my cheek bones and across the bridge of my nose. I assume it has to do with my TMJ, but I haven't had it confirmed (not sure how they would).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #3
(male)

euclid0407 HB User

I also have numbness on my face. When my TMJ acts up, it gives me jaw pain, tooth pain, and numbness from my cheek uo to my eye. It keeps on making me want to rub my eyes.

Old 06-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #4
(female)

sunnyhotpantz HB User

I'm having numbness from my ear down to neck. I'm assuming it's tmj. I've been having horrible headaches for the last five days. I guess they're tmj related. Absolutely nothing is helping.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Want2feelgood HB User

Wow!!! You all sound like me. Last night I had to yawn REALLY big, and man oh man when I did, I swear my husband heard my jaw pop and crack, he just looked at me like " Are you ok" and that happened 2 times. Now today even though it was the right side that did all the cracking and popping my left side of my face has the numb feeling from the jaw line up to under the eye and part of my ear/ neck area... Some times I just want to rip my face off I get sooooo MAD!!!! I mean really... what the heck are we suppose to do? Any good answers for me? Please help... I am at my wits end here....
Thanks for any suggestions you may have....
God Bless

Old 03-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #6
(female)

mashpotato HB User

Yep
it starts from my cheek bone and goes all the way down my neck

Old 03-02-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
(female)

Clencher HB User

I didn't have any numbness feeling until after I had my arthroplasty. Now I have numbness nonstop from the bottom of my ear lobe to up in my hairline and around my eye on that side. Sometimes it twinges and kind of itches. I'm trying to learn to deal with it. It is nerve damage.

Closed Thread