It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 05:35 AM   #1
(female)

kaley HB User
Unhappy Desperate for answers.......

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone has such pain on both sides of jaw and teeth that they could cry. I mean last night it hurt so bad when I went to lay down I thought that I was going crazy. I could do nothing to make it stop. The pain was in front of my ears, in my ears, down my jaw, in my teeth and under my neck. Has anyone had it that bad??? I have it a lot during the day clenching but last night kind of came out of the blue. Also my anxiety does not make it any better. I sometimes think that it is not my TMJ but that there is something else wrong with me ie: heart, cancer, etc....Please respond and let me know that this is not out of the norm...Thanks in advance!!
Kaley

Old 06-09-2005, 06:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Re: Desperate for answers.......

I have and its awful. I am seeing a TMJ dentist now and I still have pain by R ear and humming in right ear, and stiff neck. Please see someone. Oh, have them give you something for the muscle spasms too. I'm not taking anything because I don't want to mask my symptoms but if your in such unbearable pain you need something. I hope you feel better. Eat only soft food till you see someone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
(male)

Lexygirl26 HB User

I have been suffering with TMJ for the past 2 years, and it has been hell. I think I found a Neuromuscular dentist who will be able to help me. I have facial pain, clicking and popping of the jaw, headaches, neck and shoulder and back pain as well. The dentist first fits you for something called an Orthotic and then does a procedure that lasts and hour called TENSING the muscles. Once the muscles are relaxed, then the orthotic is inserted on the lower teeth, and adjusted in a relaxed position. This will allow the muscles time to heal, and eventually diminish, if not eliminate the pain. This device would need to be worn most of the day and at night. Good luck to you!

Last edited by Lexygirl26; 06-09-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:33 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Michelle W HB User

The symptoms that you are feeling are very real. It does sound very much like tmj. It can cause very bad pain like you listed in your post. I would advise you to see a dentist or orthodontist that specializes in treating mostly tmj dentist. That way he or she will have lots of experience in treating tmj. I would try a splint. It sounds like you will have to wear it during the day and night. I would suggest wearing it during the day until you can break yourself from clenching. I had to do it. I would try advil and a heating pad until you can get into to see someone. If it gets really bad go to the ER and get some pain meds. I have to take them despite a splint and having had surgery, but my case is rare. Good luck.

Old 06-17-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
(female)

denine3 HB User

I felt just like you before I knew what I had, and let me say the more you worry the worst it gets, but I know it is hard not to when you feel so bad. I would do all the above. Also, before I knew what was wrong they kept telling me I had a virus so they told me to take sudifed when I took that I would have anxiety attacks so I started taking benadryl instead. I knew when I took benadryl I would feel better. I have since found out that benadryl can be taken to help with anxiety. I now figure the benadryl was relaxing me that is why I was feeling better when I took it. This last month I started having depression due to the pain of this, and a doctor prescribe me 25 mg of amitriptyin which is an antidepressent they offen give to people who have chonic pain & tmj. it cost me a little over 5 dollars for a 30 day supply was prescribe by a GP. It has helped take my pain down to at least half or more from what it was. I sleep better and deal with the whole tmj thing better and feel almost like my old self. I also take advil everyday. trying to drink 8 glasses of water a day. also magnisium zinc calcuim tables. Exercise is also helps. hope this help. I have an appointment with a tmj dentist but cant get in till july 28. I am thinking God for this amitriptyin till then cause I dont know where I would have been with out it.

Closed Thread