It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
(male)

Pablo2079 HB User
After Splint in the Morning

When I take off my splint in the morning, it takes at least an hour for my lower jaw to slide back into a normal position.

Does anyone else have this delay? My TMJ Doctor/Dentist (DMD) told me to get it back as soon as possible in the morning. Has anyone had their jaw stay in the splint position permanently?

Old 06-20-2005, 11:44 AM   #2
(female)

denine3 HB User
Re: After Splint in the Morning

I can't get in to have a split made till july 28, I went to the store and bought one that you do yourself. I stopped wearing it because in the morning my bite is completely off. I find that my wisdom teeth on the bad side of my jaw hit together. I thought it was because of using this store bought splint. I too would like to know if this is normal. It probably takes me at least 2 hours for my teeth to close right.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #3
(female)

denine3 HB User

I can't get in to have a split made till july 28, I went to the store and bought one that you do yourself. I stopped wearing it because in the morning my bite is completely off. I find that my wisdom teeth on the bad side of my jaw hit together. I thought it was because of using this store bought splint. I too would like to know if this is normal. It probably takes me at least 2 hours for my teeth to close right.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:11 PM   #4
(female)

artbuggy3 HB User

It happens to me too! I wore the store bought ones for a couple days and eventually my bite went back to normal but it took a while. The one my dentist made it still happens some but no where near as much and it doesn't last for as long. I think I remember reading about this...let me see if I can find the post for you.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=279627

I found that one but it is just other people that have the same problem. Hopefully others will respond and will be able to answer your question better. Good Luck!

Closed Thread