It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

bleedingsoul88 HB User
Red face So Much Pain!!!!!!

I'm in sooo much pain....all I can do is lay down and cry, it hurts sooo bad. I'm on muscle relaxers and ibuprofen, I've also been icing my jaw and avoiding chewing and wide yawning.

Has anyone ever went to the hospital because it hurts so bad? It is sooo unbearable. I need some relief or I'm going to go mad! This has been going on for nearly three weeks! Please give me advice!

Old 06-21-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
(female)

mnbmom HB User
Re: So Much Pain!!!!!!

I too have felt like you have. I remember looking thru the phone book trying to find a physical therapist. I saw one in the yellow pages that actually listed TMJ as one of the things she treated. I called and was crying so much they fit me in that day. It really did help right away when I saw her. She did ultrasound on my jaws, massaged my neck and jaws. W/in 3 weeks the excruitiating pain was gone. Of course, my jaw was still tight and would get sore if I talked too much, etc. but at least it was bearable. You really should try to find a good physical therapist to help you. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2005, 08:38 AM   #3
(female)

denine3 HB User

I know that stress can bring TMJ to an all new high. Try to relax, I know it is hard: I have been there too. Try to get your mind on something else. It does help. I have taken benedryl before I knew what was wrong with me it was the only thing that made me feel better. I believe it was because it kinda zonks you out. I am taking 25mg amitriptylin now; it is very inexpensive it is a antidepressent they give to people with chrionic pain often prescribed for people with TMJ. I believe for me it helps me sleep and me relaxs me which has brought my pain down from a 10 to about a 3. God Bless you and everyone here who is fighting this nightmare. I believe if you think you TMJ is due to stress we should be treating the cause first. The TMJ ends up being the result.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:58 AM   #4
(female)

TrixiT HB User

You might want to have your Doctor call in a prescription for Vocoprofen. It is hydrocodne mixed with Ibuprofen. I take it along with more ibuprofen so that each dose of Ibuprofen amounts to 800mg of ibu. My dentist and doctor approved this dosing. It has helped a lot. Makes me a bit dizzy but that's okay. I'm also on a muscle relaxer (Flexeral). Over the counter stuff didn't work for me either. So until I am better, I'll be using this. Remember, only you know how much pain you are having. Good luck.

Closed Thread