It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2005, 07:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Katie G.

Hi! How are you doing- well I hope? Do you know if Dr. Bever was doing training ot the OBI institute, as mine is, and I also noticed he has moved your jaw back and that is what my dentist is trying to do. My dentist was recommended by the oral surgeon you are going to see in Lansing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Re: Katie G.

Hi luv to camp - so sorry I didn't respond to you sooner; I've been on vacation and also haven't checked the boards for quite a long time.

I don't know about Dr. Bever and OBI (what does that stand for anyway?). I do know that Dr. Bever does lecture/teach at the Univ. of Detroit in their dentisty/ortho program and works very closely with Dr. Mauro the oral surgeon.

So far, I'm pretty much status quo - still wearing braces and getting along ok with them for now. I still get occasional canker sores when they rub my mouth tissue, and sometimes the wires move and start cutting into my cheeks. I just go in to Dr. B's office and have one of his assistants clip the excess wire. I'm noticing definite tooth movement and alignment, but still have my open bite. I think my next appointment with Dr. Bever is in July - I only see him about every 8 weeks now for adjustments to my braces. Since I was getting a return of neck pain and headaches after the splint was removed, Dr. B sent me to a physical therapist, who's been working on stretching and relaxing the muscles of my cervical region and in the jaw area, especially the pterygoids. Sometimes the stretching, trigger point therapy and pressure point therapy hurt, but then the pain eases. So I think all in all, everything is working well.

I have yet to actually meet Dr. Mauro to discuss oral surgery. I will be glad when the whole ordeal is done. I'm looking at braces for another 2 and a half years, and surgery next year sometime.

How are you doing? Yes, my mandible was moved up and back with my repositioning splint since the mandible was too far forward and had pulled my joints out of the sockets. So I still have a very open bite even as my teeth are realigning themselves.

Good to hear from you - keep me posted on your progress. I'll be better about checking the boards more often for posts directly to me.

Talk to you later. Take care,
Katie G

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2005, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Re: Katie G.

I am getting the same treatment it sounds you are. My dentist is close to Dr. Mauro too and consults with him also. I am wearing the ant. splint which is suppose to move my jaw back and up I guess. I still have ear ringing and temporal spasms and some neck discomfort. My dentist said it may take severa months. So you obviously became pain free with the spint but the pain has returned- I'm sorry for that. It seems that everyone that specializes in TMJ in my area are trained at obi. There are around 4 of them in my area. Keep posting on your progress and I hope you get better and better every day.

Closed Thread