It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 04:14 PM   #1

kcgirl HB User
Phase II (braces)...anyone using Dr. Stack

I am about to go into phase II treatment(braces) to correct my bite. I remember that a few of you were going to see Dr. Stack and have MRI's, etc. and then possibly receive ortho treatment. Can you tell me how you are or how your kids are?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
(female)

LVMYDASH HB User
Re: Phase II (braces)...anyone using Dr. Stack

Hi Kcgirl,

My daughter was in Phase I treatment with Dr. Stack a few months ago, but due to some unresolved issues in regards to her MRI we decided to terminate treatment. I do hope your treatment with Phase II goes well with Dr. Stack.

Last edited by LVMYDASH; 06-30-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 07:24 PM   #3

kcgirl HB User

Oh I'm sorry I wrote that e-mail in a way that made it seem I was a patient of Dr. Stack's...I am not his patient. I was just curious because I believe I have the same problem as your daughter. One of my disks is dislocated without reduction and a dentist referred me to Dr. Stack. I never went to see him. He is too far away and I wasn't sure I believed I needed what his e-mails suggested. He said that if my MRI showed dislocated disks without reduction, then I would need dsik plication surgery first, before any orthodontic treatment could be done. That was my personal red flag that he was not the right professional for me, but may be well suited for others. I would never go the surgery route. Again that is just my personal preference. I have been in splint therapy for over two years and am ready for orthodontic work. Although I am not 100% sure that the orthodontics will cure me, I know it will help me be able to bite down, which I cannot do as of now.

This is a nasty disease and I would never wish it upon anyone. I do know that it can be beat. I know that I will find my bite and health again. And when I do, I will be the first one to come on this board and help in any way I can. I truly believe that I am close to finding the right answers. Keep the faith and keep believing. Your daughter will beat this one day and so will I.

Old 06-30-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
(female)

LVMYDASH HB User

From all my research, talking with dental professionals, and reading so many stories regarding the downside of TMJ surgery, I think you are very WISE to not consider this as an option. Surgery should only be considered as an absolute LAST option for someone who is suffering horribly with pain and cannot open/close their mouth Disc repair surgery was a possibility for our daughter in less than a year. I would like to go into more specifics regarding my daughter's particular situation, but I do not want to violate any board rules. My daughter is currently being treated for chronic myofascial pain and her problem is strickly muscle/nerve related. We are hoping that she improves in time with splint therapy and medication. She is doing much better. I do hope you have success with Phase II of your treatment and get well soon!

Closed Thread