It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User
Tandy & Meditation

Hey,
I have not heard back from either of you and hope you are both well. I just wanted to get this post in and let you both know we are packing and RUNNING from Dennis. Our temp home still has roof damamge from Ivan and hurricane Dennis is making me sick to my stomach. Pensacola, Cantonment, Pace and Milton have gone CRAZY trying to prepare for this hurricane and we are getting or we are going to try to get out of the way of it. I am taking my lap top but NO guarentee it will work. PLEASE pray for EVERYONE in the path of this hurricane and if the panhandle takes another direct hit it might no longer exist. I will be in touch as SOON as I can adn I will be thinking of both of you.
Take Care,
Shirlett

Old 07-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #2
(female)

meditation HB User
Re: Tandy & Meditation

Shirlett,

Sorry to not have written back..its' been a bad week. BUT, I hope you and yours will be okay from the hurricane.

I live in Orlando. And, went through the terrible three last year. So, I am praying for you.

Hang in there and try to keep in touch
meditation

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2005, 10:43 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

Shirlett,
I too will be thinking of and praying for you and everyone down there. When I first heard about Dennis, you were the first person I thought of.

I'm sorry I haven't written either. With boating season, I never have time for anything except packing for the lake, being at the lake and recovering from the lake. At least I'm getting a good tan!

I was happy to hear how well you were doing. It's nice to eat like a normal person. I'm sure your face isn't as off as you feel it is, but I understand how you feel. I just hope you get through this storm okay. Keep us posted.
Tandy

Old 07-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User

Hey,
We made it through ANOTHER one!!! Tandy I know you are glad you and your family did not make the move to Navarre, Fl now!!! You can get a REALLY ggod deal on a home now!!!! Our house pulled through but we lost our shed and most every thing in there, at least everything stayed on our property. Just a lot of cleaning up PLUS we have ALL our attention on Emily out there. Meditation, you ever think we (FL) might just break off and become an island? How much can we take????? We got sooooooooooooo lucky. Our power came back on about two hours after we got back in our home Sunday night and has only gone off once since Sunday night for about 20 mins. I think all of these TMJ surgeries have made my brain a little unstable...me AND my two sisters stayed out side on the front porch during the ENTIRE hurricane and watched it since it was during the daylight and it has been years since we had one in the daytime. I video taped the entire thing and watching the tape this morning....DUMB!! the wind was gusting at 121 mph and we are standing outside with our arms locked together, screaming and laughing and watching in wonder at such a powerful force taking place in front of our eyes. It was an AWSUME sight and Mother Nature at her finest but I do not think I would do it again... The closer the eye got it felt like (again) my implant was breathing. I would swear my face was expanding then deflating on the right side. I am going to go have the "new" motion imaging to see just how my right joint is holding up and working since I have noting on the left side. You move while they do the scan/xray so they see how the movement is I think it is called dinamic motion x-ray but I am not 100% sure about that. I am looking forward to see just what is going on in. I will get the correct name for it and let you know what it is called. There is only one dx in Pensacola that has the machine, none of the four hospitals even have one so I will have to go to Pensacola to have it done. I will be in touch.
Meditation I hope you have a better week and I really am pulling for thing to get better for you!!!!!
Tandy, you did not tell me how you are doing. Better? I hope so, I think ALL of us (TMJers) have been through enough.
Take Care!
Shirlett

Old 07-13-2005, 06:18 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

I am soooooo glad to hear you're home and everything's okay! Too bad about your shed and everything, but that's a small price to pay and it could have been so much worse. I am very interested to hear how your joint is doing. It will be interesting to see it in action and to find out if the added pressure from the other side is causing any problems. I am doing very well. Sorry I forgot to say that last time. I'm just enjoying my summer and all that comes with it. Meaning, corn on the cob, steaks, and fresh fruits and veggies. I love eating now. I gained so much weight while I couldn't chew because I basically lived on ice cream. Now, I'm losing weight and feeling healthy again. Yes, there is pain while chewing sometimes, but I've finally gotten used to my jaw pain and don't really notice it. You know how it is with chronic pain. You deal with it long enough, and it's mild enough, it just become a part of you.

Happy to hear you're safe and sound. If Emily heads your way, you might want to stay indoors!

Tandy

Old 07-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
(female)

meditation HB User

Shirlett,

It was probably not a good idea to be on the porch; BUT, I am glad that you are okay...and, that your home is.

I've been having an okay week. Have had a couple of bad emotional outbursts...not good.

But, I have some awesome news. My insurance company APPROVED my surgery.....Yeah. Now, just have to schedule it .

Some days are better than others; but, I am overly thankful.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:51 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

Meditation,
Congratulations!!!!! It's about time. Now, let's just hope they can schedule it soon and get you taken care of. I know you have been suffering horribly, and, at least now there's hope for an end to it.
Tandy

Old 07-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Meditation,
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! Hang in there! One step taken now just a few more!!!! I am so HAPPY for you! I am really pulling for you and hope the Concepts work for you and give you relief from the pain!
Shirlett

Old 07-21-2005, 01:51 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

dinney HB User

I am new to the message board but reading other's symptom's, the total distress from TMJ helps some...will post more tomorrow..Thanks for all who share....

Old 07-21-2005, 02:06 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

Meditation- I'm wishing you all the best and a pain free furture, and am so happy to hear your ins. approved your sugery.

Old 08-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Meditation,
Have you gotten a date yet? Where ae you going to have the surgery done at? Have you spoken to Dave or Eric? I tried to e-mail Dave with my most recent pictures but his box is full so I guess he is still in China. We "think" the blood clots holding up the left side of my face have burst since my face is caving in. I am NOT going to stress over it. AS long as my pain level stays as low as it is this is a minor problem. Since it is summer i have been wearing my hair back so ALL of my scars are VERY visable so at least I have a reason for my face being sunk in! HAHA adn when winter comes I will just leave my hair down and maybe get it styled to cover the left side of my face! HAHA If yall get anymore rain down there I do think you will break off and then be known as Florida #2! We have just about finished the clean up from Dennis. I kinda just want to leave EVERYTHING since my fear is as soon as we are cleaned up and repaired another one will come so what is the point!? STILL waiting for FEMA!! I think I am going to apply for a job with them and then I can just asses our home and everyone on our street after each hurricane. It would get done faster! PLEASE let me know how you are doing. Have you applied for SSD? FL does not have a temp SSD/SSI and since you are getting the implants that does help with your TMJ listing as far as SSD is concerened. PLEASE let me know if I can help you in ANY way.
Take Care adn hang in there......
Shirlett

Old 08-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #12
(female)

meditation HB User

Shirlett,

Hi. Sorry to have been absent for a while. I am trying to hang in there. BUT, I DO have a date...yeah....October 12th...My birthday. How prophetic?
I am terrified. I've talked to Dave and Eric. They are both very helpful. I believe Dave is out until next week. He is on a trip.

Its' been a struggle the past couple of weeks. The doctor's office left my CT scan sitting for 2 weeks. But, it is out. So, here we go.

I've been a little under the weather. Just moods. I asked off for 3months from my job. Hoping this will work. Hoping I'll be fine. I'm apprehensive. I have never been off work, much less for 3 months.

I was told that I couldn't file for SSD...I was told TMJ was not a SSD. Am I wrong.

I hope you are doing ok. I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties.

I just kind of stick home these days. The pain is too severe for me...Not going out these days. Trying to get some sleep...that's my new goal. Just one normal nights' sleep would be peachy.

I am hanging in , though.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Mediation,
You are in S.Fl right? If so YES YOU CAN APPLY FOR SSD and YES you can get SSD for TMJ because I am on it for TMJ. You need to apply ASAP. You will be rejected the first time so you need to file now. In FL your Local Congresswoman or man will be your key to getting a fast approval. They are there to HELP the public who elected them. You need to gather as much info regarding TMJ and Your TMJ (medical records, letters from your family, friends who know you and what you are going through) and let your congresswoman/man help get your SSD claim passed through.
Hang in there October will be here before you now it.
PLEASE let me know if I can help you in any way.
Shirlett

Old 08-15-2005, 12:16 PM   #14
(female)

meditation HB User

Shirlett,
Thank you for your help. I will look into SSD. My CT scan made it TMJ Concepts...so, things are looking up.

The date is still set for Oct. 12. Looking forward to it and terrified at the same time. I am a bit emotional the day of surgery. So, I am trying to prepare myself. Already have a bag ready. Stocking up on shakes and meal replacements. Just want to have it all ready so I can recuperate in peace .

Do I need an attorney to file for SSD?

I am looking into that, now. So, again, thank you. Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Closed Thread