It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2005, 06:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User
breathe

do u guys feel tt sometimes ur neck muscles are so tense that ur breathing pattern is affected? like breathless?

Old 07-19-2005, 08:10 AM   #2
(female)

liberty72 HB User
Re: breathe

yes, i do agree with you on this one completely. i noticed it right off the other day when i was first having what i would call an "attack" of TMJ. this just started for me and i did not know what was going on with me. i first thought i was having an abscess tooth or something. i started taking antibiotics for over a week and no getting any results and so i started searching the web and found all this info about tmj. and now i am trying to figure out what to do and what kind of dr. to go to first. also if my insurance will even cover me if i go to the dr. i only have health coverage no dental at all. it's a bummer.
but the breathing part of it is kind of scary for me. is it for you too? it's sort of like putting pressure on your throat and closing it off so you don't get the air in or out to breathe. kind of hard to explain.
do you have it constantly and do you have the pain all the time or does it just come and go?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User

it comes n goes. i do not notice my breathing all the time but when i feel it, it freaks me out. i thought i was going to die, heart attack or something. or some panic attack. feels as though i will faint. muscles are willing so tight that it seems to close my mouth/throat. then i would feel nauseous too. have the puking action but no puke of course.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
(female)

liberty72 HB User

gosh, paxy!!
that sounds severe. have you spoken to your dr. about this? how long has it been going on? mine is not near that bad or anything, but it does wiz me out somewhat. i hope you get to feeling better soon. keep me posted.

Old 07-20-2005, 09:51 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User

you are scaring me. i thought that u said u have the same experience too? i think it is just a panic attack.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #6
(female)

liberty72 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxy
do u guys feel tt sometimes ur neck muscles are so tense that ur breathing pattern is affected? like breathless?
im sorry paxy if i misled you or scared you . I had no intention in doing that. it's just that i do have basicly the same type feeling you are describing sometimes when i have a flare up of tmj from time to time. but i am new to this condition and not really sure what to expect at all. i may be experiencing something from my other health problem i have as well, i dunno. sorry!!

Old 07-24-2005, 01:04 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User

i think my panic attacks are coming back. dun know why but it seems to occur every saturday. the only difference that i notice is that i sleep more on saturdays. but should not i feel better if i have slept more? i hate it. i always feel like i will die soon and i am so scared. when will this feeling ever disappear forever!!!

Old 07-24-2005, 07:00 AM   #8
(female)

Searching:S HB User

Sometimes if I sleep more than I need it bothers my jaw... maybe not the actual act of sleeping but the way I sleep, if I clench my teeth more when I sleep (I don't think I do?) or sometimes if I sleep longer I roll over onto my side, do you sleep on your side or your back, or your stomache? I've found that my back is the best, especially with one of those foam neck pillows, that support your neck....

Old 07-24-2005, 07:03 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User

i always sleep on my side. i find it hard to sleep on my back. on weekdays i would sleep for only about 6 to 7 hrs but on saturdays i would sleep for 12 or more hours.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #10
(female)

tmjlinda HB User

I swear i never had anxiety issues until i finally figured out i had TMJ and read that could be a symptom not sure why but that could be causing your breathing problems.

Linda

Closed Thread