It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
(female)

tmjLady HB User
Going for surgery on 7/22/05

I have had too much pain & suffering with my TMJD and i'm finally going for the surgery.
I have exhausted all other options and i am ready to go. Suffered for over thirty years and getting worse.
I will keep everyone updated on my recovery.

P.S. Keep my in your prayers.

Thanks

Old 07-22-2005, 11:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User
Smile Re: Going for surgery on 7/22/05

Hi there - when is your surgery? I will definitely keep you in my prayers being a long-standing (20 years) TMD sufferer.

What kind of surgery are you having? Have you been through all the other treatment options, e.g. splint, medication, physical therapy, orthodontia, etc.?

Good luck to you and keep us posted,
Katie G

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
(male)

NPetruzzi HB User
Re: Going for surgery on 7/22/05

Katie G,

I saw that you had a fundo performed in a different thread.. I had a few questions about it - (I just had one done on the 1st of August)

My only symptom of heartburn was (and still is) a constant sore throat.

i read that you had experienced a similar problem but that it eventually did go away... Being as my fundo was only 2 weeks ago, is this too soon to expect my throat to be healed? Did it take more along the lines of months to actually heal?

Also, I was just wondering if you happened to know what your throat appeared to look like? Mine has alot of dilated vessels and red patches in it...

I know its just a bunch of random questions but I've really been suffering with this, and I'm dying to talk to someone who overcame this beast of an illness

BTW, I Hope your surgery went well TMJLady! Best of luck!

-Nick

Old 08-17-2005, 01:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Katie G HB UserKatie G HB User

Hi Nick. As far as your questions about fundo, I can't remember exactly when my sore throat and metallic taste in my mouth went away after Nissan, but I know it was at least a couple months following surgery.

I really don't know what my throat and esophagus looked like prior to surgery as far as extent of irritation. My surgeon said the presence of the Barrett's cells were indicators of long-standing GERD. One year post-op a repeat endoscopy revealed definite reduction in irritation/redness and no Barrett's. Endos performed since then have all been "clean."

Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress,
Katie G

Old 08-17-2005, 01:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

TMJ Lady- Just wanted to wish you well and hope you have a speedy recovery and your pain is a thing of the past. A prayer has been sent your way. Please keep us posted.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:36 PM   #6
(female)

maggiejean HB User

TMJ lady - I hope your surgery goes as well as mine did, I feel great! Lots of rehab but if you need any support look here I'm so happy with my results I love to share.

Closed Thread