It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
So Tired of this you know what

Oh, I just needed to vent. I am so tired of this TMJ I could scream.
I have the feeling like the joint is in my ear and the R temporl lobe spasms, ear and neck pain. I am seeing a TMJ specailist for 1 1/2 months but just don't think its working. What are the best pain pills or meds for the symptoms? I often wonder is I have temporal tendinitis or a pinched nerve in my neck that the MRI didn't pick up, because I never have poping or clicking in the joint or that. I wonder if it could be something else. I asked him if I should see a ear doctor but he said not yet. I don't think its my ears either. Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2005, 07:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User
Re: So Tired of this you know what

Hello,
Do you know for sure that part of your joint is NOT coming out of place and pressing into your ear? I had a "lump" inside my right ear canal and it was not there all the time. Just when it felt llike something came out of place or when I was swell real bad like the swelling pushed something out of place. Since I have had the TMJ Concepts put in I have yet to experiance it again. So I think some part of what was left of my right joint was pushing against my ear canal. I was always fearful it would push right through but my DX assured me it would not and it never did. Just freaked me out alot. I hope you find some answers.
Shirlett

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2005, 10:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User

Shirlett
Thanks, yes it feel like the joint is in my ear. When did you have inplants put it. How have you been doing since- hope the surgery helped and you are pain and symptom free.

Old 07-24-2005, 03:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Hi lovetocamp,

I don't know if I have talked to you before, but I have been experiencing left sided pain in my ear, throat (I think), neck and head. I went to the ENT and get this....ears looked fines, throat looked fine and he said that he saw no drainage. Now, I know I at least had drainage because I would clear my throat at times and I could feel it drain down my throat! I have tenderness on the left side of my head so if I am laying on my back and turn my head to the left, I can feel the tenderness. My ENT, said he thought it was arthritis of the neck and wanted me to get some xrays. First off, regular xrays to my knowledge, don't show arthritis. They only show breaks and cracks etc... I knew that I didn't have arthritis. I'm only 42! I asked for an MRI...he said no. Well, of course my results came back normal and the doctor said that he wanted me on this pain medication for 2 weeks and then see him again if I didn't feel better. So, I'm thinking, if it wasn't confirmed that I had arthritis, why would I take the medication? I don't want to mask the pain, I want to treat the problem.

Doctors are all too quick to medicate their patients. When are they going to start treating the problem instead of the symptom?! There...I needed to vent....thanks!!!

Old 08-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User

I had the TMJ Concepts put in both sides in September 2003 and had my left side removed in March 2005 due to continued probelms with synovial cyst. I love the implant. My pain has been so greatly reduced at times I think that the level of pain that I was in was all a dream. I have function without pain. I still have some pain but I do not know if because our pain level gets so high that we become immune to low pain. Such as the "pain" I am in now which I know is there but I am able to ignore it plus taking one lortab 10 a day most likely blocks some of the pain...anyway, if I could transfer the pain I do feel to my husband I know it would bring him to his knees. I am sure after a while of being is such intense strong pain we build up levels to it. So what I am feeling NOW is 100% dealable. I would have liked to have been 100% PAIN FREE but I will take what I have ended up with. I am still trying to decided if I still have TMJ, since I no longer have a left joint (again) and my right one is fake. HAHA. I have decided to NOT have the left implant put back in since I feel so much better and feel that I am starting to reclaim so part of my life again that the TMJ took away from me. I have been able to return to work (I am a Paralegal) three days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday so that I have the weekends and then days off inbetween working to recover. Such as yesterday when I got home at 5:30 p.m.....I was in my PJ's and asleep by 7:00 p.m.. Like I said I have began trying to start my life again. I had five years of PAIN, DRUGS, SLEEPING 23 hours a day and felt like a prisoner in my own home. Had I not had the implants put in I know I would not feel as well as I do today. Hang in there! And if you need to vent I will listen.
Shirlett

Closed Thread