It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User
guys

i feel that people dun understand our pain. they think we r faking, making a big fuss. so frustrating. i wish i have a bf but when i think of tt, i think it is impossible. guys would just say they understand but after a while they would get sick of us. i am so unpredictable. i can feel sick all of a sudden, just wanna go home but would they understand? because of tmj i have pain attacks n i get scared about everything. i always think tt i m going to die, breathless, i feel that my throat is stuck, my chest hurts etc. what is wrong with me?

Old 07-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Re: guys

Paxy- I haven't noticed any breathing probs. I can understand how anxious one can feel when the TMJ is acting up. You really don't want to socialize. Are you on any anti-inflammatories, they seem to help my neck. I know they are a band aid but sometimes you need them or muscle relaxers till your splint therapy starts working. Thats where I'm at. It won't be until I can be med free for a few months that I'll feel the tmj is under control. Your right people don't understand TMJ pain, but some of them have it and don't know it. Some people have headaches and or neck pain all the time and don't realize it might be tmj related. And being able to eat and talk is so taken for granted except for us. I'm still on a soft diet. Take care and try not to stress, I do now and then and it just makes it worst.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 05:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User

i have been wearing a splint for 2 yrs

Old 07-26-2005, 06:57 AM   #4
(female)

chloebell HB User

Paxy, I know how you feel. I am married and sometimes I wonder how much longer my husband is going to be good natured about my tmj. I feel like I am always complaining and ruining our fun. I get on my own nerves with my constantly changing symptoms and sudden attacks. I just want something to make this better. I want ONE DAY where I am not in some kind of pain from this prison called tmj.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:15 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User

I know exactly what you guys mean. It's hard for someone who is not in constant pain to understand what we're going through. My husband was in a horrible motorcycle accident 20 years ago, and is still to this day in constant pain. He is great about it when I'm having a bad day. He'll tell our son to leave Mommy alone today and he just takes over. We've been dealing with this for about 12 or 13 years. Of course, he can't stand it when I do something stupid like eat raw carrots. He knows I'm going to be in extra pain the next day and that it was preventable. The thing that gets me through with little to no complaining is the fact that I know it's been worse. Before my surgery I was at a constant pain level of 8 with a lot of peaks of 10. Now, I'm at a constant 4 with peaks of 6. Since I remember how bad it was, I don't focus on this "little" pain. Just remember, you're on the right path. It's diagnosed and you're trying to do something about it. Good luck and God bless.
Tandy

Old 07-26-2005, 08:09 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

paxy HB User

should we just isolate ourselves? wouldn't we be happier? we dun have to bother how people think then. i have panic attacks, depression. i think sometimes i m mad. i think about weird things. i am very scared of myself.

Old 07-26-2005, 08:58 PM   #7
(female)

Ever So Sweet HB User

maybe you would also benefit from the health board for depression. Just a suggestion, I to go to that board. I understand what your feeling though, i have depression, anxiety and i've had problems with my TMJ since i was in 6th grade...i just graduated high school..

Last edited by Ever So Sweet; 07-26-2005 at 08:59 PM.

Closed Thread