It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #1

noNHLhockey HB User
Back of Head Muscle Spasm/Pain & Balance?

What do you do for a Muscle Spasm and Pain at the back of your head or skull? I think this is the Sternocleidomastoid Muscle.

This is a bad place to get a spasm as it makes your balance
go out.

How do you control it and what do you do?

Old 08-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Re: Back of Head Muscle Spasm/Pain & Balance?

right now I am going to PT to learn stretching and stregthening exercises. They told me ice is good too. At this point I'm not sure if my neck is causing tmj symptoms or if tmj is causing neck symptoms. It isn't affecting my balance tho- thank goodness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 06:04 PM   #3
(female)

stac HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by noNHLhockey
What do you do for a Muscle Spasm and Pain at the back of your head or skull? I think this is the Sternocleidomastoid Muscle.

This is a bad place to get a spasm as it makes your balance
go out.

How do you control it and what do you do?
Hi, I have gone to chiopractor and after he adjusted my neck I feel like my balance is off, I just had inner ear test and all mri's done. All normal. My pain is at the base of my head right side feels like up under my skull. Thanks for information on what muscle it is. Stac

Old 08-20-2005, 10:34 AM   #4
Veteran

stasia12 HB User

i get this too , sometimes its the back the of the skull on the right, also the junction of my shoulder and neck-last nite was so bad that i couldnt move for two hours cuz i was so nauseated. I also think its responsible for my bad hangovers the past few years, I can drink three beers over two hours and be hungover the next day,and I think its because of balance issues with the tmj.I shouldnt be puking over three beers. My boss at work who has chiropractor training says the muscles on my right are one hundred times tenser than those on the left-I always feel off balance and somewhat lightheaded. I know i grind in my sleep , i have a mouthguard but I need to stop doing this im tired of feeling sick. SOmetiems self message at a certain point on my shoulder helps, but last nite i think i pinched too much and made it worse. the only thing that finally helped was pouring cold water over the back of my head and then propping my head in a certain position, but if i stood up i felt awful and sick. I tell people about this but they think i have migraines, but I know I dont. I wold appreciate any helpful hints as well ,t hanks

Closed Thread