It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
Inactive

tina1966 HB User
Please help..think I am having a relapse of TMJ.

Hi there..
Some of you may remember me...I was on here two years ago with awful, severe TMJ problems...after therapy and wearing a splint for one year and on paxil and xanax, I was doing great...and then for the last year have only been wearing my splint at night and have been off the meds now for quite awhile...about a week ago I really did a number on my back...we are building a house now and I swept the entire house out....my back hurt for days...well now....my tmj joint has been kinda flared up..and when I eat or talk for awhile the pain comes back....pain in my neck and up my head...also the spot on top of the head that also can hurt...I am very frustrated....I am still trying to get my life back in order from my ordeal 2 years ago...by teaching and taking classes...anyway...Does anyone have any advice for me??? Does anyone know if physical stress could cause my jaw to hurt again? Should I wear my splint all the time to see if it helps or call my tmj dentist back...not sure what is going on here...and yes..I have been under tremendous stress lately...father died....the house...etc.....I am really scared this may come back to haunt me....any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks alot! Tina

Old 08-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
(female)

stac HB User
Re: Please help..think I am having a relapse of TMJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina1966
Hi there..
Some of you may remember me...I was on here two years ago with awful, severe TMJ problems...after therapy and wearing a splint for one year and on paxil and xanax, I was doing great...and then for the last year have only been wearing my splint at night and have been off the meds now for quite awhile...about a week ago I really did a number on my back...we are building a house now and I swept the entire house out....my back hurt for days...well now....my tmj joint has been kinda flared up..and when I eat or talk for awhile the pain comes back....pain in my neck and up my head...also the spot on top of the head that also can hurt...I am very frustrated....I am still trying to get my life back in order from my ordeal 2 years ago...by teaching and taking classes...anyway...Does anyone have any advice for me??? Does anyone know if physical stress could cause my jaw to hurt again? Should I wear my splint all the time to see if it helps or call my tmj dentist back...not sure what is going on here...and yes..I have been under tremendous stress lately...father died....the house...etc.....I am really scared this may come back to haunt me....any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks alot! Tina
Hi Tina, I am going through a terrible time with tmj. I have used my splint and zanaflex at night. My splint seems to make me worse. I tend to clench alot. I have alot of anxiety so I think. I take buspar for that. I have a great family life and all I don't know why so many worries. I recently went to my dr and he did injections in the tmj trigger points in the back of my skull. I went headache free for 3 weeks, it was great. My problem again after 7 years is ear pressure, dizziness, and my swallowing. My ears hurt terrible all the tests i have done so far are neg for anything else. I am awaiting my inner ear test. I swallow and it feels like I cannot get a breath. I then spaz out that I am going to pass out. Today was a bad day. I still feel like my supper is stuck in my throat. I think its stressful just having tmj. My joints are fine but I clench all the time. I had injections in the tmj joints 1 mont ago but it seems to have made me worse. My jaw is more painful. Have you heard of anyone having difficulty swallowing? My neck muscles are sore. I am trying all Dr's. Hope the injections if you can get them help you. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 06:49 PM   #3
Inactive

tina1966 HB User
Re: Please help..think I am having a relapse of TMJ.

Hi there,
Sorry to hear you are suffering so badly...As far as the swallowing I can totally relate...when mine got bad I couldnt hardly swallow...and if I did it felt like I was trying to down a golf ball!! THEN...there was a cough I had with it..yes...you can have a cough too..You should get the book "Taking Control of TMJ" by Dr. Charles Upgaard..it saved me!! It's an awesome book....I feel like I should give you a little history of what I went through..when I tell people its sounds incredible and very unbelievable...I went to 8 doc's and was in the hospital 4 times before they knew what was wrong with me...I was totally disabled...I had went to a chiropractor that totally messed me up before I knew what I had...anyway...doc's thought I had lupus or MS...cause I was so messed up! I had to undergo extensive physical therapy just to be able to lift and do housework again or even drive..had a tens unit on my back for 4 months...THEN...my tmj dentist told me I had to have all of my teeth crowned for $20,000..what a joke...I ended up at UK here in Kentucky..the dental clinic...and they helped me alot...and no..i did not need all that crown work....but now I am not so sure...Its like just out of the blue I am suffering again..and I am not sure why.....I have been doing great until now..like I never even had tmj....thats why I got on here again....to see if people can have relapses or whatever....because if thats the case then I reallly need to know what to do from here....I dont even trust any doc or dentist anymore.......like I said...I teach preschool and trying to go to school part time to get a life....mine was ruined for about 1 1/2 years....now it seems like its falling apart again...I just drove my son to a high school dance and my back hurt all the way there and back....and pain shot up in into my head...you know the deal...I am just so sick of all this pain...Thank you so much for answering me and I truly hope you get better....please feel free to write me back if you want...have a great evening and a better tomorrow!! Tina

Closed Thread