It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 09:45 AM   #1
(female)

bjsgirl HB User
Question TMJ and knots or bumps around joint pain

Does anyone else notice knots or bumps around the joint where you feel the pain? I feel what seems to be a knot or lump or swollen spot right at the joint. It is a little sore when I press on it. Dentist appointment next Thursday to check it all out. I hope ya'll can understand what I am asking, it was very hard to figure out how to word this!

Old 08-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #2
(female)

maggiejean HB User
Re: TMJ and knots or bumps around joint pain

I have them too.. ask your dentist to do an mri or CT scan to look at your discs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 07:56 AM   #3
(female)

chloebell HB User
Re: TMJ and knots or bumps around joint pain

I also have them. They come and go, and most of the time they last about 10 days. If someone tells you what they are, please post on this board and let me know. If I had to guess, I would say they are just like the knots you can get in your neck and back, but smaller and more obvious because they are from the muscles on your face. I have noticed they appear mainly when I am having severe muscle spasms and pain.

Closed Thread