It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

RoseFTD HB User
Question TMJ Bowel problems?

After reading your posts, I am certain this is what I'm deeling with. I started seeing a Chiropractor 3 years ago, after a blow to my jaw/ear/temple area. He has been treating me (unsuccessfuly) for a whiplash from this blow, but I am beginning to think my neck will never line up right until my jaw is addressed. He does recognize a problem with my jaw and has tried adjusting it on occassion. When my jaw feels better, my neck gets worse and visa versa. Has this been the case for anyone else using a Chiro?

Anyway, the only symptom that I'm experiancing that I've not seen mentioned here is bowel problems. Anyone else have this? I've been getting terrible acid reflux during the time periods when it's hardest to swallow. It's probably related to this. Just thought I'd check.

A couple of you mentioned that Chiropractic has reduced the dizziness. I have had the same experience. In my mind the dizziness is one of the worst symptoms too, so I'm looking down other avenues but will not give up Chiropractic if just for that.

Has anyone heard of a type of therapy, (I'm not sure what it's called) where they put little deflated balloons in your nasal cavities and then blow them up for a few seconds at a time in order to loosen the sutures in your skull plates? The idea is to "unlock" them if they have seized up from excess or repetative stress. Anyone...anyone...anyone? Maybe something to look at.

Also, has anyone tried cranial/sacral therapy massage. The idea is similar; loosen the joints in the skull and relax the muscles/nerves that connect from head to tail. I've had just a bit of this done and gotten temp relief, but I always feel better leaving a massage session. It's hard to tell if this cranial/sacral stuff is what brought on the relief or not, or if continuing it regularly would bring long term results. Has anyone tried this with any regularity? Let me know your experiance.

Thanks, everyone for sharing your ins and outs. It's nice to be able to draw from others experiances and to share my own trials and results with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
Inactive

tina1966 HB User
Re: TMJ Bowel problems?

Hi there.
Your title caught my attention..I have other posts on here under tina1966, anyway...as far as the stomach thing...My problems are back now and I just dont have an appetite plus strong smells, anything, makes me want to gag or throw up and I feel nausea sometimes. Not sure if this is related or just my nerves. AND YES!! I have heard about the nose balloon...I just found a site yesterday...a Doc in Colorado does this technique and swears it works for tmj,,,forever...its called NCR or Neuro Cranial Restructuring..he also does the BOWEN technique, cranial structure spread, Occipital Lift, and a few others...I printed out his entire website...Its sounds like a great treatment...Try those words above in search and you should be able to find him...I wish I could give you his name....He is in Denver, Colorado...Good Luck..I am seriously thinkg about this if I dont get relief soon. Tina

Old 08-26-2005, 10:15 AM   #3
(female)

busymomof4 HB User

Hello there,
This is my first post as I have just started experiencing TMJ like symptoms after a root canal a month ago. Severe earaches, jaw pain, can't open my mouth, bite is off, jaw clicks, shoulder pain etc..

My former husband is a chiropractor who has worked successfully with TMJ patients. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to ask him for help as he would say "no" just out of spite.

I have had the cranial/nasal passage procedure that you mentioned above. They take a balloon and insert in into your nasal cavity and then inflate it until it comes out the back of your throat...it is very intense, but very quick. This was performed by a chiropractor in Kansas City, MO. We tried it because I have terrible headaches and thought they could be sinus related. It's a therapy that needs to be ongoing, and I couldn't stand the thought of doing it again so never went back. I do know someone who swears by it, though.

In answer to your other question regarding bowel problems...I have recently been experiencing terrible consitpation and what I think may be hemorrhoids (don't know for sure..never had them before, not even through 4 pregnancies) but didn't connect it to the jaw problems....did start at the same time, though.

Old 09-01-2005, 02:16 PM   #4
(female)

RoseFTD HB User

Busymomof4,

Sorry, I've been off-line for awhile. Thank you for the response. I'm a Kansas City gal too! I've been living in Florida for awhile but am getting ready to move back. I've been getting (not excelent but decent) results from the Chiro I'm seeing here, but will need to find someone when I come home too. If you find a Chiro who does a good TMJ adjustment let me know. I was having these problems in KC before I moved, and saw a dozen Chiropractors who couldn't help much. Even the couple I found the most relief with were not able to FIX anything. But then again, they were not recognizing the TMJ problem, but concentrating on my shoulders and neck. You mentioned that your X has had success with TMJ. Would you mind if I asked you who he is - that I might give him a shot at this when I move back? If it would be weird to refer your X, I understand.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:32 PM   #5
(female)

RoseFTD HB User

Tina,

Thanks for reponding. I looked up the website you're refering to. It sounds good!! But I'm scared to do it. It's sooo expensive too. I'm going to keep it in mind and when I'm having a really bad week again, I just might give it a shot.

Closed Thread