It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 07:51 AM   #1
(female)

Marylander HB User
Dr. John Droter

Does anyone know anything about Dr. John Droter, Bowie, Maryland? Thanks

Old 09-14-2005, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

luvtocamp HB Userluvtocamp HB User
Re: Dr. John Droter

Hi Marylander,
I was wondering how your doing. I am about the same, ear huming and r. temporal trobbing. I went to a oral sx and he said its muscular and didn't see any need for a tomogram but I am getting to the point I am going to insist on one. The tmj doctors I am seeing are giving a public semiar on TMJ a week from Thurs with live testiomonials- I sure can't wait. My doc wants to go ahead with making my new dentures and lower partials but I want to be symptom free first - he did dental casts last week. What a trip its been. So how are you doing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

Marylander HB User

Hi Luvtocamp:

Not well at all. I think I have been scammed. The dentist who was supposed to replace a crown and bridge and balance my bite has made me worse, a lot worse. I'm not trying to see if I can find someone else to fix this mess. I can hardly eat anything at the present moment because my masseter muscles hurt so badly.

Old 09-15-2005, 05:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Man I sorry to hear that and you were doing so well. I hope you find a dentist that knows what their doing. It just seems like dentists have no accountability for the work the do. The oral sx I seen said to take my top dentures back (the ones that caused my tmj symptoms) and get my money back- but of course the dentist that made them said they are fine and theres nothing wrong with them. I think the biggest battle in this is finding a knowledgeable caring dentist- as I do believe TMJ can be cured if the bite is right. keep us posted and good luck with Dr. Droter.
Gee I just read a web article on him- I wish he was located closer to me- it sounds like he understands tmj and how to treat it and is caring.

Last edited by luvtocamp; 09-15-2005 at 05:09 AM.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:27 AM   #5
(female)

Marylander HB User

Thanks for your sympathy!

What I have seen on the Web looks positive. My regular dentist and my GP told me to go see him, also to go back to the oral surgeon who made my first splint (which was comfortable but didn't correct my bite permanently), take my husband along to both appointments to help listen, get two treatment plans, make no commitments, and come see them to have the treatment plans reviewed. So, that will take up most of next week I think!

Old 09-15-2005, 03:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good luck next week- keep us posted on how it goes. It can get so discouraging at times.

Closed Thread