It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #1
(female)

laskalady HB User
Can a reg. dentist make my splint?

Hey all,

Okay, until I switch over to PPO in January, I really want to try a splint out.
I'm so tired of going all over the place...and I really just want to get my nightguard for now.
I went to a reg. dentist and they said they would make me a splint..however, this was before my jaw was locked. I have very limited opening Will it be possible for this dentist to make me a splint?

Old 11-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
(female)

sunflower22 HB User
Re: Can a reg. dentist make my splint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laskalady
Hey all,

I'm so tired of going all over the place...and I really just want to get my nightguard for now.
I went to a reg. dentist and they said they would make me a splint..however, this was before my jaw was locked. I have very limited opening Will it be possible for this dentist to make me a splint?

I think they should be able to make you a splint I have one I would say I have pretty bad TMJ and they were able to do it for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User

Quote:
Hey all,

Yes, your regular dentist can make you a splint. The splint my dentist made for me was basically a splint that would preserve my teeth because I grind at night. The one my orthodontist made me is much thicker and intricate. The one the dentist made never needed adjustments. It was pretty thin and kind of soft unlike the one I have now that is thick and hard acryllic. But most definitely a general dentist can make you a splint.
Tiffany

Old 11-03-2005, 11:41 AM   #4
(female)

laskalady HB User

Thanx for the responses...does anyone know whats the difference between a night splint and a 24/7 splint? Dont they both do the same thing?

Old 11-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User

Quote:
Thanx for the responses...does anyone know whats the difference between a night splint and a 24/7 splint? Dont they both do the same thing?
I have only one splint. When I first began wearing it I wore it 24/7, I am now wearing it only at night.
Tiffany

Last edited by TiffanyAnn; 11-03-2005 at 03:38 PM.

Closed Thread