It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2006, 11:47 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User
MEDIATION...I am very worried about you!!!

Mediation,

You have not been on the board and I am really hoping it is because you are doing much better now. PLEASE just let us know how you are doing!!!
Shirlett

Old 01-26-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User
Re: MEDIATION...I am very worried about you!!!

Has ANYONE heard from or anything about Mediation???????????
Shirlett

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 01:44 PM   #3
(female)

tealadyjudy111 HB User

Im also a bit worried because we've not heard from her and that was the day before the op. She seemed a very friendly person and i would have thought that she would get in touch when she can.I do hope you get this message Mediation along with the others and that you are doing well after your op. Please let us know whats happening to you we are all very worried about you. Please take care Judyx

Old 01-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
(female)

meditation HB User

Shirlett,

I am so sorry. I don' t know. I wonder if I made the right decision, these days. I just got back from Gainesville. Having some issues. Dr. D says mechanically, I am ok. The joints look fine.

But, I am not feeling fine, at all. I can't even touch the right side of my face. I can't blowdry my hair. The pain is searing. I went back to work. All I do is cry. I was denied SSD because I was told my condition doesn't warrant it.

My work now wants me to work 5 days a week. And, I don't really mind the work. It's really not about that. I am just so tired. And, I am in so much pain.

I don't sleep. I am now on Combunox, because the morphine patch was doing strange things to me...beyond throwing up.

I am trying to be positive. I can eat, almost almost normal food. And, my opening is 38-39mm. Great, huh?

I just feel like I am falling a part. I forget things. I forget I write things. It hurts so bad. And, people just do not get it.

All I want is to be me again. That's all. And, since the joint is fine, I may be facing this pain the rest of my life. And, I do not know how to do it. It doesn't break. It doesn't give me a moment's peace. And, I can not do my job the way I expect.

I am sorry for disappearing. I hope you are doing ok.

I just don't know what to do. Dr. D said, today, "Don't get discouraged". I think I am already there. I wonder if the pain will ever be at a manageable level...I am ready to accept that it won't ever go away. I just want to have a normal night's sleep. I just want to feel like me. And, I wish I had the answers.

Meditation

Old 01-27-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User

Meditation:
I am so sorry to hear that you are still in such agony. It makes me really mad that you were denied your disability but I'll let you in on something, they deny EVERYONE the first time so appeal their decision and keep fighting. It would be wise to hire an attorney, without one it's almost impossible to get your disability. Keep fighting the dirty blood suckers until you get your disability.

What I fear most about surgery seems to be what happened in your case. Like so many of the cases I have heard about. I mean you were already suffering, now you have all those bills and the horrible pain to boot. It's almost criminal in my opinion. No guarantees, and the best they can do is tell you to not get discouraged. I don't suppose the wonderful doctor gave you any instructions on how you were to keep from being discouraged. I just despise doctors. That doctor has no clue how much you are suffering but he is sitting pretty and most comfortable on the money you paid for the surgery. Did he suggest you see someone for pain management?

Keep trying to get your disability. It's obvious you are too much pain to work. So keep fighting until you get your disability money. Hang in there.
Tiffany

Old 01-28-2006, 12:06 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Mediation,

Oh Sweetie, PLEASE hang in there. It really takes time for the pain to ease off and get better. I really wish I could make it go away for you. I also wondered if I had made the right decision after going thorough the first surgery and once the pain went away and I was able to live again I knew I had made the right decision. I have been so worried about you, I know how hard this road is but you will make it. It takes time and to me waiting was one of the hardest things I had to deal with.

The pain wears you out. I slept more after the implants were put in than before and part of it was due to I could not lay down at 9:00 p.m. and sleep solid until 6:00 a.m. I was waking up every hour or two so not getting contunious sleep was messing me up and I think it made my pain worse.

As for SSD DO NOT GIVE UP ON YOUR CLAIM. TMJ IS a condition that warrants SSD. I am on it as I know many others are. Fight them. That is your money that they TOOK from your pay. I was denied twice before they paid me. Call Connie and ask Dr. D. to write you a letter to them. I did and he did.

Did Dr. D. say it would be okay for you to return to work? They told me at least 6 months. Are you pushing your self? Just hang in there. I know it is hard and I really hope you will not have to be like this for very much longer. I think Jackie was a few months after her implant when she began to have no pain and it took me a whole year before it eased off and went away. It takes time. And I know you know that you went through a very serious surgery to have those implant put in and there is so much healing involved after that.

I also could not handle the morphine patch but I could and did handle the Duragesic 25ug/h patch and it was wonderful. Did you go to the pain management place? Do you have a family or local doctor you see or can see to help you try and manage the pain you are in now? I just feel for you so much because I know what you are going through. I remember tell my husband I wanted the implants taken out because they hurt me too much and I was in more pain then than before the surgery. BUT it did go away in time.

PLEASE just hang in there and remember I am here as well as many others to give you support. And you are right, others around you will not get it and can not understand or even began to grasp what you are going though.
I am thinking about you!
Shirlett

Old 01-29-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
(female)

meditation HB User

I am trying so hard to hang in there. Just trying, hard, to take it day by day.

Dr. D. didn't really release me for work; but, he didn't say I couldn't go back. The difficult thing about my job is that I am a college professor who talks, and boy do I talk alot. I didn't have money coming in for 3 months. So, I was actually forced back to work for financial reasons.

I actually slept a little last night. Dr. A. (one of the residents) gave me some flexoril. I took one, to no avail. So, as the doc said, I could take another. I am still a little groggy at this point, 7pm. So, I do not think I will take two...again.

I am grateful my implants look alright. Really, I am. I think my issues is as follows. If it was something that required surgery, it could be fixsed. But, not knowing is what makes me angry. I don't think it is muscular because it didn't break with the flexoril. I was just tired.

So, I am left with a lot of questions. How do I live with this kind of pain? People don't get it. But, hey, either do I. I am petrified at the fact I may need to deal with this, forever.

As with the SSD, I am going to try again.

My lawsuit is well..in limbo. Because, I have to wait until I am at MMI...maximum medical improvement. And, from what I gather that could take months.

I am just exhausted. Mentally and physically. This may never end, for me. And, there is really not much more that can be done.

Both the Fentanyl and Duregisic were too much for me. Since the surgery, I basically went 'crazy' on those two. And, it was just too much..besides the vomitting.

The combunox helps, a little. So, I just have to be patient.

I just want an answer, you know. This unknown is driving me mad. And, close to a breakdown. I guess its' because I did have a normal life, as much as can be normal. Those 11 years were great. And, now, I wonder if I'll ever regain my standard of living..

Meditation

Old 01-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Mediation,

ALL you can do is take it day by day. I cannot tell you why the pain was greater after surgery than before for me either. It is not logical. I use to think my body was "paying me back" for trying to fix my jaws. PAIN makes you think crazy. For me it was 17 months after the surgery when the PAIN just went away. I woke up one morning and it was jsut gone. NOTHING. And nither Dr. D or Dave could give me an explaination as to why it just disappeared. I did not think it was the muscles either. I think it had to do with the nerves AND the invasion of the implants being put in. Like every nerve in my head went into overload to see just how much PAIN it could produce until it wore out and the PAIN just went away. And even when Dr. D. removed my left side the PAIN did not return like it did after the implants. So I am placing great HOPE that when he puts the left side back in and replaces my right side that I will not have the PAIN that I had after the first implant surgery. To me it was such a shock to my system to feel that kind of PAIN.
Have you talked with Dave at all? I know that when I was where you are now I was not the first one and he had told me eveyone is differant as to when they no longer feel the PAIN.
Please just hang in there and know I am here if you need me.
I am thinking of you!
Shirlett

Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Mediation,

I just wanted to share a telephone call I took this evening at the office. My boss had already left for the day and the Gov's secretary called to schedule our appointment So we will be heading over to Tall. on Friday, February 10th for the interviews to began (three hours!!) and my boss is going to have lunch with Jeb...I am very excited and this is looking very positive!!!

I am still thinking of you EVERYDAY and sending you lots and lots of positive energy. If you get a chance call Connie. If you do not have her direct number and I know I cannot post it on here, call the main clinic number and just ask to be transfered to her. But please call her........You have to get some relief from the PAIN. I worry about you so much! Just hang in there, and instead of taking day by day, take hour by hour and try to allow your body, mind and soul to heal from this surgery. Know that I am thinking of you everyday!
Shirlett

Old 02-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlett
Mediation,

my boss is going to have lunch with Jeb...I am very excited and this is looking very positive!!!

Shirlett
Now there's one sure fire way for me to lose my appetite!
Tiffany

Old 02-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

TiffanyAnn

Yeah he has not done much for Florida but the attorney I work for has been appointed to the Circuit Bench and Jeb has the final say which if it is a yes means we move to the Courthouse, my pay goes up and my health insurance will be the bomb compared to what I have now. At least we can all sleep better at night knowing he will not be our gov for another term. Rumor has it he is going to take a shot at his brothers job??????
Shirlett

Old 02-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #12
Senior Veteran

TiffanyAnn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlett
TiffanyAnn

Yeah he has not done much for Florida but the attorney I work for has been appointed to the Circuit Bench and Jeb has the final say which if it is a yes means we move to the Courthouse, my pay goes up and my health insurance will be the bomb compared to what I have now. At least we can all sleep better at night knowing he will not be our gov for another term. Rumor has it he is going to take a shot at his brothers job??????
Shirlett
Shirlett:
Now that's a whole different story. I sure hope he gets the job and you get the raise in pay and better benefits. I'm most certainly hoping that when he takes that shot at his brothers job that he loses big time. I'm certain he won't do any more for the entire country than he has done for Florida. Good luck and let us know if your boss gets the job and you get your raise.
Tiffany

Old 02-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #13
(female)

meditation HB User

Shirlett,

I guess this more of venting, than advice. I don't know what to do. I do have an appointment with Dr. D on Fr.

Yesterday, I got out of bed and whoa. I couldn't hear. Nada. Zip. Nothing. I couldn't hear most of the day. Now, I can not hear out of my left ear. My opening went from 39mm to almost nothing. I can't open . The pain is absolutely horrible.

Have I done the wrong thing? Oh, God.

I didn't feel anything rip. I didn't feel anything snap.

But, for the past three weeks, I've felt wierd sensations. I really can't explain it. But, I knew something was wrong. Dr. D, two weeks ago, said the joint looked fine. I am still hoping it is ok.

Oh, I don't know. Have you felt like this? Have you felt like this, before?

Thanks,
Meditation

Old 02-06-2006, 06:26 PM   #14
(female)

Debbyefk HB User

Meditation,

I answered your post on lyrica wondering why your doc would put you on it.. Had no ideas you were having implant surgery. Sorry the combo of fentanyl ad duragesic mad you vomit. it would make me vomit, too. I've never had implant surgery but since you've just started having problems hearing and can now hear nothing out of one ear, maybe you should give your doc a call if you haven't already. I'd think he would want to know this. Hope your feeling better since you posted soon

Best wishes,
Debby

Old 02-07-2006, 05:41 AM   #15
(female)

meditation HB User

I've only been on the Lyrica for a few days.

But, I don't know.

I still can't hear out of my left ear. And, my opening is still minimal. I wonder if this TJR surgery was a mistake.

I got to work today, and felt just....done. You, know.

The work I've tried to maintain on this jaw is gone. I had a decent opening, though it was extremely painful.

Now, I can't even open and the pain is just....indescribable. I can feel the replacements caught on something....It gets caught every time I do open my mouth...the small amount i can.

I am seeing my doc. on Fri. It is the 1st available.

Just trying not to be down, today
meditation

Closed Thread