It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Shirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB UserShirlett HB User
Question

Anyone else out there with the TMJ Concepts put in bilateral or any jaw implant? My question is....once you have implants put in and lose your jaw joints are you still considered to have TMJ? I know the pain and "issues" I have will always be there but like Mediation after the first time the implants were put in and I woke from the surgery the pain was so mind bending horrid. So much worse than before I went in for the surgery. In a years time the pain did ease off and I was pain free for about six months before I began to notice I was having a “bad day” about once a week which to me was okay. I had begged and pled to just have one day with no or little pain so one or two “bad days” a week I will take over what I had to live with before the implant surgery. I just want to know if anyone else had to grieve over the lose of their jaw joints after having implants put in. By time I agreed to the implant surgery I only had part of my right joint, my left was already gone thanks to the stupid Oral Surgeon who said I did not have TMJ and all the pain was in my head....yeah it really was..... I wonder if people who have to have a leg or arm amputated grieve over the lose of their limb? My other issue was I thought since the jaw joints would not be mine and that they would be fake, that the pain would not be as bad since it was my jaw joints causing most of my pain along with the muscles and nerves. My left implant was removed do to medical reasons in March of 2005 and I have had sharp shooting pain like I did before I ever even began having surgery and there is NOTHING on my left side but a black hole. So no jaw joint with a lot of nerve damage on the left side yet the pain is just as if I still had my messed up jaw joint or the implant was still in there. It freaks me out a little. If there is nothing there how can there be pain? I have heard of amputees having pain in their prosthetic hand or foot and read somewhere (I think) it was called sympathy pain? I do not know where I am going with this. Maybe I need to lay off the pain pills! I guess I just needed to clear out my head and was wondering if any others with implants have experienced anything close to this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread