It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

bluerose50 HB User
Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM

Has anyone tried a supplement with these ingredients; and if so, did you have good results? My problem is muscular, brought on by dental work over two years ago and I would appreciate any advice on any supplements any of you take that could help. I presently take a good multivitamin and magnesium; my problem has slowly improved over time, but not gone.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM

Haven't tried it yet but yesterday my tmj dr suggested it as well. Its very expensive for an OTC supplement - at least I think so. If you do try it please let us know how it goes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2006, 04:33 AM   #3
(female)

Mlouisa HB User

Hello

My dentist also recommended it and I am about to try it as well. I am just wondering if he suggested any brand in particular because mine didnt but from waht i read there are a lot on brands that are not that pure and therefore not recommended. I bought an over the counter brand and am waiting to start because I want to check with my GP.. apparently if you have diabethes you shouldnt take it and I wonder if there are any other problems..
let me know how you do with it.. I will keep you posted as well...

Old 10-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

DebM412 HB User

I have just started taking a supplement of glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM. I started on Monday today is Friday. I swear I can already tell a difference. I take 3 pills per day. Two with breakfast and one with lunch. Please try it it may help.

Deb

Old 10-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User

I was concerned about the diabetes thing as well - only b/c although I don't have diabetes, I take after my father, who did have it for years. How can you tell the pure ones from the others - there are so many out there its hard to tell the difference. Even drug stores put out their own brands. Is there a recommended dosage or do they all come in the same strength?

Old 10-07-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
(female)

bluerose50 HB User

I am so pleased to see that others are looking into or trying this type of supplement at the same time I am! We can compare notes as we go along. I have researched quite a bit on this and so far I am down to two choices; one would be Nature Made, because I already take their multivitamins and magnesium because they have the "USP", and the other choice could be Cosamin DS by Nutramax because they were used in a study and proven successful. Nutramax makes the same type of product for cats and dogs, which is how I discovered the company; it helps my 18 year old cat feel better. If it works for pets, maybe the ones for people can work for us.

Closed Thread