It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 01:43 AM   #1
(female)

mooaa HB User
Unhappy reshaping the teeth to treet the tmj!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi; i went this week to the evalution with a tmj doctor in chicago ,he examened me and said mine is muscles and the teatment will be intially for one month to see how i am responding to the upper slint and the adjusting but if i did not feel any imorovment he will stop treating me as this is his way in the cas
but if i show improvment even just 20 % he will start the face tow which is hokking tense unite,hooking steriod bad machine in my face,adjust the upper splint and give me injection in my tight muscle andddddddddddddddd shave the teeth every visit ti change the bite and he saide he can not guarntee that it will wrk but this is his way to treat the patient with tmj ,so he will continue to do teeth grinding every visit and he hoes now know many teeth need to be shaved so may be all or may be none ,i askede him so after all of the work i got worse from this shaving what i can do to reverse he said it is irreversiable but i can send u to another dentist to make crowns

what is thissssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anybody here did that permenent solution and it worked for him or her? he said shaving the teeth is must to cure the tmj wooooooooooooooooooow another paoblem they just mees us and give pain but take all your money for non gaurntee treatment ,i feel bad ad crying and lost scince i heard that .why he intially treat me with the splint for 6 month and if i improved we can discuss the face tow i asked him he said no this is the way that he treat the patiant.
anybody did reshaping for the teeth and had cure?
so any advice let him do this irreversible treatment and regert it later and after that i will be waiting just to die

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
(female)

MaggieMay78 HB User
Re: reshaping the teeth to treet the tmj!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a bad idea. he will stop treating you if there is no improvement? What?!

Also, one month is not long enough to wear the splint. He should not be shaving your teeth down or doing anything else that's irreversible, after only one month. It is your choice, obviously, and no one here can tell you what to do! But I know if it were me, I would personally run the other way!

I'm sorry you didn't see someone better...I hope you can find a more knowledgeable, compassionate dentist very soon!

Meg

Old 10-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
(female)

Suzq222 HB User

My problem is also muscular and I had my teeth reshaped by a neuromuscular dentist and I wish I never had it done. The more he shaved the more I had to keep having it done. It was an awful cycle. Near the end he said he wouldn't do any more shaving and then talked about "rebuilding" some teeth-cha-***** $$$$$$$. I haven't gone back since then. Please get another opinion!!!

Old 10-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User

I made the mistake of doing it - it made things much worse and afterwards the dr who who did it and insisted this was the only way to stop the pain only said "sorry, you must have an underlying jaw problem" - what does he think tmj is?. I have been to several drs since then and none of them have been able to get my my jaws aligned or stablize my bite - and all of them have scolded me for allowing the first dr to do what he did. Please check with other drs before going this route.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #5
(female)

mooaa HB User

hi thanks to all of u,i do not like the idea so this is the reason i am here to ask if any tried it to solve it because i am in pain for more than a year now and i tried the splint and did make me worse so i am searching i and yes it is tough to find the ggod doc ,i hope we all find the solution as soon as we wish
thanks

Closed Thread