It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
(male)

wayne_MI HB User
Speech difficulty with TMJ?

Hi all, I've been having a slightly sore jaw and sore cheek muscles. This has disturbing my speaking capabilities. I have to labor to speak long, perfect sentences, after which, my face feels sore. (kind of the feeling after you do a set with weight, albeit without the lactic acid soreness) Can TMJ cause this? My family doctor suggested this might be the problem, and I'm going to see my dentist on Monday. There is a slight hitch in my jaw when I open it, but I don't see how it can cause this much trouble. Any input would be great. Thanks!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

rosarymaker HB User
Re: Speech difficulty with TMJ?

Hi Wayne, I hope your dentist can answer some of your questions today. The pain i have in my jaw from Tmd affects my speech because of the pain. My words drag and I can't concentrate well so my words are scrambled at times. I find it best when I'm in bad pain just not to speak much. Ha Ha. However, if it interfers with your job, I would practice hard at speaking correctly when needed, then resting your jaw by not speaking and warm compresses afterward. Take care and good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Does LPR Affect Your Speech? CharBerry Acid Reflux / GERD 10 12-28-2008 04:54 PM
Concerned about speech and other problems lbb87 Children's Health 5 04-15-2008 11:02 AM
New here and a question about speech/voice issue ChrissyCP Cerebral Palsy 11 01-30-2008 03:58 PM
Slurred Speech and Swallowing issues newyorker56 Acid Reflux / GERD 5 11-27-2007 10:48 PM
Excessive saliva, difficulty chewing, swallowing & speech problems leo713 Ear, Nose & Throat 0 11-27-2007 07:03 AM