It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
(female)

Lakergirl22 HB User
Jaw Pain

Hey everyone!! =) I have been experiencing some jaw pain for about a month now. It occured after a wisdom tooth infection but on the other side of my mouth. I do need my wisdom teeth extracted soon, but this jaw pain is weird. It hurts mostly in the morning or in the middle of the night, but sometimes during the day I can feel it, especially if I open my mouth all the way or yawn. Does anyone know what this could be related to? It's in pretty much one part of my jaw, right at the junction between my top teeth and my bottom teeth on the right side. It is a dull sort of pain. When I wake up in the morning it's the worst! But as soon as I move my mouth around a little it goes down...I don't know what's going on!! Any ideas?

Old 06-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: Jaw Pain

Are your wisdom teeth fully erupted or not? If they are not yet fully erupted the pain could be due to them still coming in. If they are fully erupted the pain could be b/c you don't have enough room for them. The fact that you hurt mainly at night and early morning could be b/c you are clenching or your wisdoms are being crowded and may be changing your bite some. When you say "the junction between your U/L teeth" do you mean in the lower back near your throat?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
(female)

Lakergirl22 HB User

Yeah I sort of feel like I might be clenching, because it's odd to hurt so bad when I wake up. They are partially in, not quite all the way, but not completely impacted either. I am just starting to get concerned about them damaging my jaw in some way? I don't really know a lot about that sort of thing. When I say the junction between my u/l teeth, I guess I mean towards the back, like right under my ear pretty much. It's hard to describe, lol, but it does hurt when I clench my teeth down which makes me think that I might be doing that when I sleep. Or sometimes I will wake up and my mouth will be partially (not widely) open and that spot will hurt, so I'm not really sure what's going on! Any suggestions on how to deal with the pain for now? Thank you very much for your reply =) I appreciate it

Old 06-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User

Warm moist compresses may help around the jaw and ears and a pain reliever or anti-inflammatory. You may want to see an OS about having the wisdoms removed or at least being examined to see if there is enough room for them or if they are becoming too impacted and may damage other teeth if they fully erupt. Its not uncommon to get pain from wisdom teeth which is why most people have them removed - they can cause all sorts of problems for some folks yet others barely notice them when they do erupt.

Closed Thread