It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
(female)

Christine818 HB User
TMJ and Swollen Lymph Nodes???

Hello... I have not had a TMJ diagnosis although I'm starting to wonder if that's what I have. For the past three months I've had clicking and popping (minor) when I open my mouth. But I also have swollen lymph nodes in my face (near my jaw and in front of my ears) as well as a sore throat and swollen tongue. I've been to an ENT who has ruled out infection, mono. and lymes and my CBC is normal. I'm wondering if anyone else has experience swollen nodes or bumps around the face with TMJ and also a swollen tongue?
Thank you!

Old 08-04-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User
Re: TMJ and Swollen Lymph Nodes???

Those symptoms are pretty common with tmj but its generally best to rule out other medical possibilites by seeing your MD for a check up. Many people start out with what seems like a glandular or ear, sinus or throat problems as well as issues with their tongue aching, staying more towards one side, difficulty extending it forward, feeling as if is swollen or larger than normal and difficulty swallowing. Some find their tongue tends to brace itself along the inner sides of the teeth more as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User

oh my good ness this all makes sense now. i was just diagnosed with slight case of tmj. i have the swollen lymph node in front of left ear for couple of years. dr says don't worry about it if it gets bigger we will remove. then right after that i found out i had tmj. so that is all connected. i never even thought of it like that. the left side where my swollen node is in front of ear is where my tmj is i think that is the side that is more tender. i am glad i read this now.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:47 AM   #4
(female)

sobia1 HB User

what is tmj?what are the syptoms i to have throat problems ear jaw pain and a lot more somebody repley back thank you

Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB UserThelma-Louise HB User

In its purest sense tmj or tmd stands for tempormandibular joint or temporamandibular dysfunction. It is generally or loosely characterized as jaw and facial muscle pain due to poorly positioned tm joints, displaced discs or malocclusion and an imbalanced bite. For a full list of symptoms there is a sticky post at the top of this forum. The more common symptoms are clenching or grinding teeth, ear aches, head aches, tooth sensitivity, swollen glands, a feeling of something in the throat, jaw pain or dull ache and facial muscle fatigue or tiredness.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Stphanie1 HB User

Do you always have to have some sort of jaw pain or joint pain...to have this? I have most of the symtoms but that! thanks

Closed Thread