It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

TMJ Disorder -TemporoMandibular Joint Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
(female)

Lynda11011 HB User
Anyone have symptoms inside their mouth in back jaw area?

Just wondering if anyone has swelling feeling inside thier mouth in the jaw area? Mine aches behind the back molar, and comes and goes, usually worse hrs after I get up. Its also achy below the earlobe....Could this be muscle or arthritis flaring up.....told i have possible development of osteo in this jaw......what can i take to lessen this feeling and pain? I wear nightguard, had my bite adjusted, and take some meds when i can't stand it, but no relief. Could this be a tooth problem also? Thanks for any help.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
(male)

marinerseric HB User
Re: Anyone have symptoms inside their mouth in back jaw area?

I get this alot, i do not know if it has to do with my bad gingivitus or not tho.

My teeth feel loose and sore all the time but then i get this heartbeat feeling near to wear the joint is and all the pain goes away for a small period of time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
(female)

alorcoy HB User

I have similar pain ... it feels sore behind my molars, almost like my wisdom teeth are still there, but they're not. I get the muscle pain behind my earlobe too. I figure it's all muscle spasm in there.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
(female)

MichiganLymie HB User

Lynda, I have this all the time. Same as you - good when I wake up and then it gets worse as the day progresses. It does feel swollen at times and hurts. All my bottom molars hurt sometimes too. Mine is only on the bottom left side - also the roof of my mouth on that side gets tender sometimes too.

I got all of this when I got Lyme Disease. I am sure I now have osteoarthritis in my jaw joints. I got it in my fingers when I got Lyme too.

Good luck - you are not alone!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
(female)

mombobeth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda11011 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has swelling feeling inside thier mouth in the jaw area? Mine aches behind the back molar, and comes and goes, usually worse hrs after I get up. Its also achy below the earlobe....Could this be muscle or arthritis flaring up.....told i have possible development of osteo in this jaw......what can i take to lessen this feeling and pain? I wear nightguard, had my bite adjusted, and take some meds when i can't stand it, but no relief. Could this be a tooth problem also? Thanks for any help.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
(female)

mombobeth HB User

PLEASE tell me you've figured out what is causing your pain. I just got back from the oral surgeon who basically told me he sees absolutely no reason for my pain.

Closed Thread